Windows 10: Windows 10 update has stopped previous webpages opening up when I start my PC

Discus and support Windows 10 update has stopped previous webpages opening up when I start my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I was enjoying a feature on Windows 10 whereby if I had Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc open and I shut the PC down, when I'd restart the PC the Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arcadepro1, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update has stopped previous webpages opening up when I start my PC

Hi I was enjoying a feature on Windows 10 whereby if I had Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc open and I shut the PC down, when I'd restart the PC the Chrome, Firefox, Edge pages would re-open on the same webpages as I left them on.

However, after the update it no longer does this. So if for example I have some youtube videos open, if I shut the PC down and boot it back up, those youtube videos will no longer automatically re-open on startup.

Is there any way to get this feature back?

:)

arcadepro1, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 14, 2021
  4. robotzko Win User

Windows 10 update has stopped previous webpages opening up when I start my PC

Windows 10 PC Crash when starting Steam and open GPU-Z

hello guys i actually have the problem when GPU-Z is open and i start steam my hole pc freeze and i need to hold power to restart him..

when i close GPU-Z and open steam everything works perfect even opening GPU-Z after steam is open..

i didn´t had the problem before updating to Windows 10 build 14393.351 but with this build there also came 2 other updates

my pc is an i7 6700k with a GTX1070 Asus Strix and 32 GB Ram

my Nvidia driver is 373.06 but also tested it with 375.63 same shit happens

starting origin and uplay works perfect with gpu-z open pc only crash when opening steam

robotzko, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update has stopped previous webpages opening up when I start my PC

1. Windows 10 update has stopped previous webpages opening up when I start my PC - Similar Threads - update has stopped

2. My PC has started freezing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC has started freezing up: The screen just freezes up and there is no input from mouse or keyboard. Have to reboot to unfreeze until it freezes again. I've tried keeping Task Manager running, but it doesn't stop on the same thing. I've tried Safe mode and it doesn't seem to freeze up but I can't...
  3. My PC has started freezing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has started freezing up: The screen just freezes up and there is no input from mouse or keyboard. Have to reboot to unfreeze until it freezes again. I've tried keeping Task Manager running, but it doesn't stop on the same thing. I've tried Safe mode and it doesn't seem to freeze up but I can't...
  4. My PC has started freezing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spotify Opens when I start my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spotify Opens when I start my PC: Windows 10; Default browser Edge When I start my PC Spotify opens...it may be to Install it. I do not nor have I ever installed Spotify.... A Spotify window opens, It shows the Spotify symbol, it disappears in about 10 seconds. I have looked in Startup, nothing is...
  6. Two files open up when i start my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two files open up when i start my pc: When ever I start my pc, two terminal files open up for a second, I think they are from system32 because I managed to read the path once which was the title of the terminal file. Whenever only one file opens up an error is shown (svchost.exe application error 0xc0000005) I...
  7. Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I start up my PC and log in, Windows Powershell opens up.: I don't know what to do because I don't use or have ever used Windows Powershell. The files that starts up is C:/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/powershell.exe ....
  8. How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up.: I found the solution posted by KumaranathFernando in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=2 but the thread is locked so putting more detail here:...
  9. not open webpage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not open webpage: not open web page error (DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-webpage/53925e82-0fee-4cba-ba2c-c4000037dc99
  10. Windows "START" has STOPPED. How can I retore to previous state?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows "START" has STOPPED. How can I retore to previous state?: After creating a restore point I rebooted and the "START" button now only responds to right clicking. Any suggestions please. 21953