Windows 10: Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system

Discus and support Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Thanks to an overnight update I woke this morning to find myself with effectively a completely new Windows system. Everything had gone ... my taskbar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Antoine_0P73, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system

Thanks to an overnight update I woke this morning to find myself with effectively a completely new Windows system. Everything had gone ... my taskbar, my documents, my links to other home computers, my browser bookmarks, my previous browser sessions. And it couldn't log me into Dropbox, which caused me enormous problems. Everything I touched came up with a bone-headed tutorial of some kind as if this was the first time I'd ever run a Windows system or opened the various browsers. Naturally Edge had become my default browser rather than my previous Firefox. I've since reconstructed my task

:)

Antoine_0P73, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2024
  3. yountmg Win User
    Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Jun 12, 2024
  4. winactive Win User

Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

Use the restore point and wushowhide.cab to hide the beggar.

*Arrow Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

winactive, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system

1. Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system - Similar Threads - update has totally

2. Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system: Thanks to an overnight update I woke this morning to find myself with effectively a completely new Windows system. Everything had gone ... my taskbar, my documents, my links to other home computers, my browser bookmarks, my previous browser sessions. And it couldn't log me...
  3. Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update has totally messed up my system: Thanks to an overnight update I woke this morning to find myself with effectively a completely new Windows system. Everything had gone ... my taskbar, my documents, my links to other home computers, my browser bookmarks, my previous browser sessions. And it couldn't log me...
  4. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  5. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  6. Gmail totally messed up

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail totally messed up: In the last week or so every time I open my Gmail, it seems to appear different. This is what my Inbox box looks like now. [img] It seems to be "starred" what ever that means. I have no idea how it got "starred". I also can NOT see my "Trash" label to select it to...
  7. Windows update messed up my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update messed up my system: Hello, an automatically coming update for some reason has failed and my system does not restart, and I have tried all kinds of trick to restore but it failed and does not restore. I have even used MediaCreationTool2004 and DiskReviverSetup_ppc and have not been able to...
  8. Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system

in Windows 10 Support
    Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system: I just rebooted my system and when I logged in I was greeted by a "Preparing WIndows" message. After that I was told that I was being logged in with a temporary profile and that I wouldn't be able to access my files, and my desktop is totally screwed up... Winver shows 1903...
  9. My Windows Update is totally messed up!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows Update is totally messed up!: For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless! Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. But clicking on Check for updates just sits there for 15 to 20 minutes with the dots running across the screen then...
  10. Windows 10 1709 download has totally messed up my computer - HELP Please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1709 download has totally messed up my computer - HELP Please: System is all messed up after downloading 1903 and installing. Need to do a clean install but 1903 somehow knocked out recovery and restore so resent and doing clean install on windows not possible. Need some way or software to clean C Drive so I can start from scratch....