Windows 10: Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point.

Discus and support Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, A pop up informed me there was an update for windows 10 and I updated. Upon restarting my laptop all the programs have been uninstalled and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidCameron4, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point.

Hi,

A pop up informed me there was an update for windows 10 and I updated. Upon restarting my laptop all the programs have been uninstalled and no roll back saved. There's also no option in settings to roll back to the previous version (insert 1).

How can I get my old programmes back? It will literally take days to configure them all and get all the settings to what they were previously. All for an update that quite literally adds nothing? Not the first time either. 1 step forward 20 steps back?

There's a 'C:\Windows.old' with all my old programmes but I'm unable to restore them. Is anyone able to offer any suggestions? If the only solution is to install them all. Again. I'm going just go buy a bloody apple for boxing day. Ridiculous.

David

Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point. 5bc27911-2da3-477c-be25-1a0ba28e5cbd?upload=true.png

:)

DavidCameron4, Dec 24, 2018
  2. graye Win User

RESTORE POINTS WIPED OUT BY UPDATE.

Its true that major Windows 10 version upgrades (like from Anniversary Update to Creators Update) will indeed wipe all previous restore points. But that's OK... as those special upgrades have their own similar technique to restore to the previous version.

However, if you're having problem with ordinary updates wiping restore points, then I'd be looking to see how much storage space you've allocated to the System Restore feature. If you don't have enough room... then the next restore point will wipe existing
    ones in an attempt to make more room.

Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point. 65e09461-53f3-443d-81a5-a2a15b7e2a0f.png

graye, Dec 24, 2018
  3. gaz-991 Win User
    RESTORE POINTS WIPED OUT BY UPDATE.

Has any one else had this problem??

I have a HP PAVILION 550-101na running on Windows 10 home 64 BIT only 4 months old.

The Windows system is on C drive Samsung 120GB SSD.

Purchased in Feb 2017, in May 2017 an automatic update was downloaded & wiped out all my restore points (when you need them the most) & caused both monitors to constantly flash on & off, computer totally inoperative.

Tried all my tricks to no avail, so tried HP support who only suggested the same tricks that I had already tried. Eventually they agreed to send me a total reset pack (5 disks) at a cost of £ 35, but as a good will jester they would not charge me (good of them
    considering that the computer was under guarantee).

Reloaded Windows etc + all my files which as you know is time consuming.

June 4TH 2017 another automatic download was installed, guess what? same problem all restore points wiped out yet again + monitors flashing on & off could not use computer.

Re started in safe mode & manually went through the system to see if I could find the problem.

Eventually found out that my graphics drivers had been wiped out, re installed, all back to normal (why didn't HP think of that?).

Although my PC is now running, this does not explain why all restore points were wiped out twice, anyone got any ideas ??

REGARDS GAZ

gaz-991, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point.

Windows app removal - restore point

Hello,

Restore points are generated when you install a new application, Windows Update or driver. You can also manually create a restore point. Restoring to an earlier point of time won't affect your personal files, but it will remove all the applications, drivers
    and Windows Updates installed after the restore point was made. To better assist you regarding your concern, we'd like to know more information.

• Do you see any available restore point on your computer?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the applications that were removed?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For more details about System Restore, please check this
    link
    and refer to Restore from a system restore point section.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point.

1. Windows 10 update has wiped all my apps and not given a restore point. - Similar Threads - update has wiped

2. all my restoration's points are out !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my restoration's points are out !!!: all my restoration's points are out !!!Edit By G225: Move French to English! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-restorations-points-are-out/5de77698-d2e9-4737-b986-708db095ae73
  3. all my restoration's points are out !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all my restoration's points are out !!!: all my restoration's points are out !!!Edit By G225: Move French to English! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-restorations-points-are-out/5de77698-d2e9-4737-b986-708db095ae73
  4. windows update wiped my sync.com app and all my files?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows update wiped my sync.com app and all my files?!: Seriously, Microsoft Windows? You're so busy pushing your own cloud data storage platform that you updated windows and wiped my computer of my sync.com account with all, I mean all, my files. This is delaying my productivity for at least 2 hours while all the files have to...
  5. Windows 10 keeps deleting all restore points

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps deleting all restore points: I noticed it when my laptop failed to start windows so I tried to restore it to an earlier point but to my surprise there was none even tho I created it manual and there were automatic restore points because system protection is turned on. So i was forced to do a clean...
  6. Your update has wiped or deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your update has wiped or deleted all my files: A forced update on my PC yesterday e.g. it started updating without me being home let alone anywhere near my PC, has wiped all of my files including my new novel. I have no back up, I chose not to put my IP into the cloud but on my home PC. I did not agree to the update. How...
  7. Recent Windows 10 update destroyed all my restore points, the automatic restore point does...

Recent Windows 10 update destroyed all my restore points, the automatic restore point does...: I'm a PC support person and the latest Win10 upgrade has taken all my lovely weekly restore points and thrown them all away. My login screen comes up, and I can't login to Win10. I've tried multiple ways to get logged in, in Safe Mode, tried the last known (single restore...
  8. Latest Update has wiped all files

Latest Update has wiped all files: After doing latest update on closing my desktop it seems all files have been wiped. After signing in I just get a black screen with only recycle bin on it and 1 or 2 on the taskbar at bottom of screen that don't do anything. Is there anyway to solve this have tried going back...
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wiped apps

2. windows update has wiped some programmes from pc

3. windows update wiped all of my hp apps

4. all of the apps and programs got wiped out after windows update,
  5. why has my computer been wiped out 9/2/19,
  6. windows 10 update wiped all my apps,
  7. are the apps will be wiped out after system restore\,
  8. why have all my apps been wiped off,
  9. restore wiped out all apps,
  10. windows update wiped computer dont have windows