Windows 10: Windows 10 Update History did not list last two installed Feature Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Update History did not list last two installed Feature Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, on my Toshiba Satellite Pro L650, the last two Windows 10 Feature Updates 2004 and 2009/20H2 did not show up in Update History after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Plainsman#, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update History did not list last two installed Feature Updates

Hello, on my Toshiba Satellite Pro L650, the last two Windows 10 Feature Updates 2004 and 2009/20H2 did not show up in Update History after installation. Both of these updates have installed without any other issues and are working fine on the laptop. No error messages showed during installation and the laptop is all working correctly with the new features. WINVER shows the correct version. Does anyone have any idea why this might be, and can it be fixed without removal and reinstallation of the two updates? Plenty of HD space and RAM and no other PC issues. Thank you.

:)

Plainsman#, Oct 27, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 27, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 27, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update History did not list last two installed Feature Updates

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update History did not list last two installed Feature Updates

1. Windows 10 Update History did not list last two installed Feature Updates - Similar Threads - Update History did

2. Windows 10 1909 - Windows Update says missing features, but lists no updates to install....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 - Windows Update says missing features, but lists no updates to install....: I am a domain admin. I do not manage Windows updates with group policy. I allow the computers to download updates automatically. I am setting up a computer that has sat for a couple years. It has 1909 installed. I went to Windows Update and it did install some updates...
  3. Updates not visible in history or the list of installed updates, also something else.

Updates not visible in history or the list of installed updates, also something else.: I run the 1909 build, and last Sunday, and now today after a reboot, Windows 10 updated, but when I went to check there was no visible update in the history or the list of installed updates. I'm not having any particular problems, but it bothers me that I can't figure out...
  4. problem with windows update listing a feature update for windows 10 1909.

problem with windows update listing a feature update for windows 10 1909.: Hello, Have the following problem with windows update I run windows 10 1903, but when I run windows windows update it lists a feature update for version 1909. Have ran the troubleshooter for windows update and this found problems and fix them all, but this did not fix the...
  5. Windows Update History shows both Feature Updates 1903 and 1909 installed

Windows Update History shows both Feature Updates 1903 and 1909 installed: After I installed the Windows 10 Feature Update from 1903 to 1909 my Windows Update History shows Feature Updates 2 Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 2 Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 Looking in the About page it lists Version 1909 OS Build...
  6. Last Two Windows Updates

Last Two Windows Updates: The last two automatic major windows updates have been a pain in the butt, causing several programs/apps to significantly slow down or even stop working properly altogether. Something that the computer would do almost instantaneously before, now can take anywhere from 10...
  7. update history , programs & features

update history , programs & features: I noticed that I have 2 Microsoft programs that showed up. Visual C++2008 redistributable x64 and x86 but I noticed that it does not say anything about these 2 programs in update history. is this an issue and I noticed this be for I refreshed my PC also with those 2 programs...
  8. if windows 10 did not instuall feature update 1709 can i install update 1803

if windows 10 did not instuall feature update 1709 can i install update 1803: IF UPDATE 1709 DID NOT INSTALL WILL UPDATE 1803 INSTALL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/if-windows-10-did-not-instuall-feature-update-1709/1a9db0c2-9937-41a6-9f3d-9cb366362710
  9. Installed Updates GUI History. Where is the data (list) stored ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed Updates GUI History. Where is the data (list) stored ?: A minor issue... Windows 'Backup and Restore' treats the installed Windows Update list as temporary and something that should not be included in a disk image. This means that any restore process returns a 'no updates have been installed' message and the list is blank. Of...
  10. Nothing Listed in Update History

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing Listed in Update History: My laptop is on version 1607 Build 14393.1066. I've had the WiFi set to metered connection for 2 weeks but I've now turned this off. On starting my PC today I noticed the list of installed updates is now empty whereas it used to list all updates since the AU (see enclosed...