Windows 10: Windows 10 Update History is blank

Discus and support Windows 10 Update History is blank in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Latest update seemed to go okay on one machine, but another seems to have failed badly. Or maybe not? The Update History was completely blank, though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShannonJacobs, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update History is blank

Latest update seemed to go okay on one machine, but another seems to have failed badly. Or maybe not? The Update History was completely blank, though it added one entry after the Windows Defender Antivirus signature file was updated. All the other entries (and their parent categories) are gone, gone, gone.

There were some old questions along similar lines as this one. The answers I saw merely repeated the instructions how to look at the Update History. Then they were closed without answers. That appears to be the usual warped result of Microsoft's peculiar incentive system of encouraging quick (usually boilerplate) answers over meaningful ones. If there actually was any useful answer, then the closed questions should at least have a clearly visible link to that useful answer.

Looking over the latest round of questions in this "community", one must suspect that this month's update was unusually flawed even by Microsoft's standards.

P.S. Mostly for ungrins, I went ahead and explored the wuauclt approach. Remarkably useless, unless that uselessness is another diagnostic symptom of some still mysterious problem.

:)

ShannonJacobs, Sep 11, 2019

2. Windows Update History Blank

My Windows 10 downloaded and ran an update yesterday and I noticed that my Update History is blank (no updates have been installed yet). It was there before yesterday's update.

My Winver is 1607 (OS Build 14393.1593).

Any idea where the Update History went?

By the way, the Creator's Update has not downloaded yet.

I have included the Uninstall Listing which does show yesterday's updates.

It also did a quick update this morning.

dlwmacgregor, Sep 11, 2019
  3. trog100 Win User
    trog100, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update History is blank

Windows 10 Update History is blank

Computer: Lenovo Thinkpad/i5

Original problem was that Fall update 1709 showed in history that a restart was required although restarting made no difference. The version check showed 1703(?6). Ran sfc and DISM-restore health which did not good. Finally installed 1709 manually. The manual
    installed worked and version check shows 1709 but update history is blank/empty.

Okay, I don't care what is in history as long as everything is installed so I went to Control panel installed updates and there is a significant list of updates.

The problem is I don't know what should be in the list. Is there a master list of updates somewhere? Also, will new updates show in the history file?

Vic

vicGrobinson, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update History is blank

1. Windows 10 Update History is blank - Similar Threads - Update History blank

2. Windows Update History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update History: My computer upgraded to Windows 11 and now I cannot see any Updates under the Update History. I need to uninstall a patch that is potentially causing connection issues. How do I see the past windows updates ,for example, the ones that happened in Aug 2023. Thank you...
  3. windows 10 1903 update history

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 1903 update history: Hi, How can I view the update history on my windows 10 1903 PC - all it now shows is the last 2 months rather than the last year or so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-update-history/87841e76-c45f-4f7e-8a78-fc7f9d392614
  4. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  5. Windows 10 Update History Duplicated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update History Duplicated: Windows Update history in Setting app is duplicated for each update installed , after downloading the update and just before starting install it the history show that update is failed to install , then the update start installing correctly and after installing successfully...
  6. Windows 10 update History

Windows 10 update History: Anybody else ever had this problem?? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-history/a4204011-7c64-45b7-a64d-36284da0cd65
  7. windows 10 update history

windows 10 update history: My laptop windows 10 update history which was active before update in April 2018, now shows blank always. How to set it right?Your advise please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-history/fd44d5e7-db28-4282-a098-f886a8b5d403
  8. Windows Update History Blank

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update History Blank: My Windows 10 downloaded and ran an update yesterday and I noticed that my Update History is blank (no updates have been installed yet). It was there before yesterday's update. My Winver is 1607 (OS Build 14393.1593). Any idea where the Update History went? By the...
  9. Windows 10 update history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update history: How to display the update history? 15216
  10. App history is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App history is blank: When I first installed Windows 10 using a fresh install back on Sept. 10th, everything was showing up on the task manager under the "App history" tab. Since Sept. 30th, it has been blank, but all of the apps are still working, just not showing up there. Not sure if it was an...