Windows 10: Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title States I updated to Windows 10 on a gaming rig my friend helped me build seeing as I'm not really a computer guy, my computer had so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadridium, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

As the title States I updated to Windows 10 on a gaming rig my friend helped me build seeing as I'm not really a computer guy, my computer had so many problems it could barely function, using help I was able to roll back the update and was super reluctant to touch 10 again, so I waited not knowing that apparently it being a free OS was only temporary. If I downloaded it once for free can I access it again? Or am I going to have to drop the $200 to keep using my computer safely?

submitted by /u/Shadridium
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadridium, Jan 15, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What's New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) - AskVG

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Jan 15, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jan 15, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

1. Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it... - Similar Threads - Update thought was

2. Can I download Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I download Windows 10 for free?: If you are still on Windows 7 or 8, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Whether you're going from 7 / 8 to 10 or 10 to 11, you can upgrade either by using an install disk created with the media creation tool or with Windows update....
  3. Can I download Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I download Windows 10 for free?: If you are still on Windows 7 or 8, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Whether you're going from 7 / 8 to 10 or 10 to 11, you can upgrade either by using an install disk created with the media creation tool or with Windows update....
  4. Can I download Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Got windows 10 on innitial release when it was free and didnt require activation code and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got windows 10 on innitial release when it was free and didnt require activation code and I...: So I was one of the lucky people who got an activated version of windows 10 completely free on release and wondering if It is eligible for the 11 upgrade even though I don't have the activation key for that copy of windows 10 assuming it's built into the windows 10 iso...
  6. Got windows 10 on innitial release when it was free and didnt require activation code and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got windows 10 on innitial release when it was free and didnt require activation code and I...: So I was one of the lucky people who got an activated version of windows 10 completely free on release and wondering if It is eligible for the 11 upgrade even though I don't have the activation key for that copy of windows 10 assuming it's built into the windows 10 iso...
  7. When was the Windows 10 Update Assistant and the Media Creation Tool first released?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When was the Windows 10 Update Assistant and the Media Creation Tool first released?: I was wondering when did the very first version of the Windows 10 Update Assistant and the Media Creation Tool was released? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-was-the-windows-10-update-assistant-and-the/f8ab8b8d-99e4-4919-931f-732473022f8a
  8. How do I download updates when free wifi is available?

How do I download updates when free wifi is available?: How do I download updates when free wifi is available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-updates-when-free-wifi-is/3659f385-2820-4ae9-a6e7-1873a69eeea7
  9. Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...: Still trying to figure out the problems... I've had this Lenovo computer (bought new) since July 2016. In the last year, it has started 'stealing' my cursor.... like I'll be in the middle of typing something in word or in an email or search bar and boom the system takes...
  10. From which Operating System could I upgrade to Windows 10 back then when there was free updater

From which Operating System could I upgrade to Windows 10 back then when there was free updater: I need to know what operating systems could upgrade to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro. For example, could a Windows 7 Home be upgrade to a Windows 10 Pro? I need a list of which operating could upgrade to any version of Windows 10 pro freely back then when you could upgrade...