Windows 10: Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title States I updated to Windows 10 on a gaming rig my friend helped me build seeing as I'm not really a computer guy, my computer had so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadridium, Jan 15, 2020 at 2:37 AM.

1. Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

As the title States I updated to Windows 10 on a gaming rig my friend helped me build seeing as I'm not really a computer guy, my computer had so many problems it could barely function, using help I was able to roll back the update and was super reluctant to touch 10 again, so I waited not knowing that apparently it being a free OS was only temporary. If I downloaded it once for free can I access it again? Or am I going to have to drop the $200 to keep using my computer safely?

submitted by /u/Shadridium
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadridium, Jan 15, 2020 at 2:37 AM
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What's New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) - AskVG

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

Thema:

Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

1. Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it... - Similar Threads - Update thought was

2. i keep looking for the Free window 10 to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i keep looking for the Free window 10 to download: I keep tring to find Free window 10 to download but keep going around in circles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-looking-for-the-free-window-10-to-download/1fd1e29f-b29c-4fb3-bc6a-44f59ca9cd45
  3. How do I download updates when free wifi is available?

How do I download updates when free wifi is available?: How do I download updates when free wifi is available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-updates-when-free-wifi-is/3659f385-2820-4ae9-a6e7-1873a69eeea7
  4. Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...: Still trying to figure out the problems... I've had this Lenovo computer (bought new) since July 2016. In the last year, it has started 'stealing' my cursor.... like I'll be in the middle of typing something in word or in an email or search bar and boom the system takes...
  5. I downloaded a game, I thought it completed, it took up space and I can't find it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded a game, I thought it completed, it took up space and I can't find it: So I've been trying to download Forza Motorsport 7 for a good 15+ hours now.. and it has 98 GB. Earlier this morning I pulled up the Microsoft store app to check on my downloads and it had less than 30 MB left. After about 2 mins, I come back and check the downloads page....
  6. From which Operating System could I upgrade to Windows 10 back then when there was free updater

From which Operating System could I upgrade to Windows 10 back then when there was free updater: I need to know what operating systems could upgrade to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro. For example, could a Windows 7 Home be upgrade to a Windows 10 Pro? I need a list of which operating could upgrade to any version of Windows 10 pro freely back then when you could upgrade...
  7. Just a Thought I will share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a Thought I will share: As most of you know I have had some issues with Windows 10 and I believe that I was the cause of all of them. I removed stuff that I did not need, tweaked things, and so forth. I now have a clean running machine that is faster than it ever was. I have done the Following:...
  8. I thought I'd killed CORTANA, - it came back to life after an update !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I thought I'd killed CORTANA, - it came back to life after an update !: So, when I first upgraded to Win10, I went through a hundred steps to make sure that Cortana was removed from my machine. I mean, deep into the settings, command prompt stuff, everything. I did check and it seemed to have been eradicated. It wasn't in the background...
  9. Can I reinstall Windows 10 for free if I roll back to Windows 7?

Can I reinstall Windows 10 for free if I roll back to Windows 7?: Windows 10 upgrade began installing on my Windows 7 computer before I could stop the process. I had planned to have a dual boot system with Windows 7 and Windows 10, but I now have just Windows 10 installed. If I downgrade back to Windows 7, can I reinstall the Windows 10...
  10. How to change a file's open with program to when i first downloaded it

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change a file's open with program to when i first downloaded it: Hello, i'm wondering if it is possible to change a open with option back to unknown application on some files. i accidentally clicked open with the picture opener and its stuck on it now. how can i revert this? step by step if possible. Thank you. 35879