Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Sir recently i have downloaded windows 10 update version 1909 but its installation have not started yet please help me in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesSaltzman, May 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started

Split from this thread.​

Sir recently i have downloaded windows 10 update version 1909 but its installation have not started yet please help me in this​

:)

JamesSaltzman, May 25, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 25, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started

1. Windows 10 Update Installation Not Started - Similar Threads - Update Installation Started

2. Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black: So I got windows 10 22h2 to download, then get ready for install. I clicked restart now, and it starts to restart, went to a blue screen saying installing updates, don't turn off your computer, got up to 9%, then the screens went black. The computer is still on, but the one...
  3. Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black: So I got windows 10 22h2 to download, then get ready for install. I clicked restart now, and it starts to restart, went to a blue screen saying installing updates, don't turn off your computer, got up to 9%, then the screens went black. The computer is still on, but the one...
  4. Windows 10 start menu not updating for newly installed programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 start menu not updating for newly installed programs: I noticed that when I search for something that I installed recently, I can't find it when searching for it. Example: I have installed the Everything search tool and I want to invoke it by searching from the start menu, but I don't get a result....
  5. Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't start after installing .NET update: Hi everyone! I made Windows updates on a PC that is not used much. After installing such updates, the PC requested a reboot to finish the installation. The shutdown worked fine, 100% completion of the update installation. Now when the PC restarts, my ASUS splash screen...
  6. Windows 10 won't start or install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't start or install windows 10: hey guys.. i have a problem and if anyone can help i would appreciate it... when i try to boot win 10 normally i see samsung pre boot and then black screen... when i try to install new win10 to clear this one i get stuck at purple/blue screen right before i need to choose...
  7. Windows update is downloaded but the install is not starting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update is downloaded but the install is not starting: I have two updates ready, but why are they not going forth with installation? I'm concerned because I think the one deals with my ability to decided if I want that new version to install when it comes through so I want to get it installed since I read that the new version had...
  8. Windows 10 and it's installer don't start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and it's installer don't start: Hi ! I have an asus laptop (X756UA-TY006T) that is running windows 10. The problem is that the computer starts, shows the asus logo and then it's written "preparing automatic repair" (don't know if it's really written that because I translated it from french) after that,...
  9. "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update:" is happening...: Why is "Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" happening while I am trying to use my computer. The updates can happen the 14 - 16 hours that I am NOT using my computer! It stops me from using my...
  10. Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10: Hi, I upgrade a laptop to Windows 10 and all was fine for a month or so. At the end of June a Windows Update occurred. Since than I can not use the start bar. Icons on desktop work. Nothing on the start bar will work. I have tried restore but it says restore fails. Any...