Windows 10: Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer”

Discus and support Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer” in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried to update a friend’s Packard Bell EasyNote LJ71 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 1909 “keep personal files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scopio, Jan 27, 2020.

1. scopio Win User

Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer”

Tried to update a friend’s Packard Bell EasyNote LJ71 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 1909 “keep personal files and apps” all went well although very slow until it reached the installing Windows updates at about 23% when it said, “Undoing changes made to your computer” and the laptop reverted to Windows 7. (See laptop system specifications below)
    I should explain that I tried this via TeamViewer connected to the laptop and via Skype connected to another pc so I could see the laptop screen when Windows restarts during the Windows 10 installation as my friend lives 60 miles from my home!
    Laptop specifications:
    Packard Bell EasyNote LJ71 V1.03
    Processor:
    2.20 gigahertz AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M500
    1280 kilobyte primary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Packard Bell V1.03 09/22/2009
    Drives: HGST HTS545050B7E660 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)
    WDC WD5000BEVT-22ZAT0 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)
    Memory:
    Modules: Slot 'SODIMM 0' has 2048 MB
    Slot 'SODIMM 1' has 2048 MB

My questions are;

1. Is the issue with Windows 7 updates?
    2. Is the issue with the laptop not being compatible with Windows 10?
    3. Any other issues that I am not aware of?

Any help will be most appreciated.

:)

scopio, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Windows10 Upgrade from Windows 7(Undoing changes made to your computer)

Hi, I am getting this error (Undoing changes made to your computer) while upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Below Steps I followed.

1. Downloaded 'Create Windows 10 Installation Media' from below URL.

Download Windows 10

2. Upgrade this PC now

3. Installed Windows 10

4. System Restarted and then followed this error(Undoing Changes made to your computer).

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Srini

Srinivasoracle, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer”

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer”

1. Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer” - Similar Threads - update installation “Undoing

2. Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer": For a really long time, everytime I have tried updating my computer it always updates for a little while and then it says "Undoing changes made to your computer" and the update doesnt finish.I need to update my computer but it doesnt let me because of this issue....
  3. Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer": For a really long time, everytime I have tried updating my computer it always updates for a little while and then it says "Undoing changes made to your computer" and the update doesnt finish.I need to update my computer but it doesnt let me because of this issue....
  4. Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update "undoing changes made to your computer"

Windows update "undoing changes made to your computer": So I updated my laptop earlier today before I went to work. When i got home from work it was at 48%. Then I checked back a few minutes later and it says "undoing changes made to your computer" and its been stuck like that for almost an hour. I didn't touch anything that would...
  6. Windows Update "Undoing changes made to your computer"

Windows Update "Undoing changes made to your computer": Trying to update from 1909 to 20H2. The update installs and restarts my computer, but when the install resumes, at 23% it restarts and then fails. It briefly shows windows repair, then jumps immediately to "Undoing changes made to your computer". I did the following...
  7. Undoing changes made to your computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undoing changes made to your computer: I left my PC to update for a while, and when I came back there was just a black screen with the message "Undoing changes made to your computer" I've searched this up but haven't found a fix that works, help would be appreciated submitted by /u/K0BALT_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Undoing changes made to your computer

Undoing changes made to your computer: I'm running a Lenovo based laptop and I recently tried to install the version 2004 update for windows. I leave my laptop plugged in and loosely keep an eye on it. Last I saw my laptop and 77% of the way through the "don't turn off your laptop this will take a while" phase....
  9. Undoing changes made to your computer Window 10 update

Undoing changes made to your computer Window 10 update: I am trying to update window 10 to version 2004, but when the update completion reaches to 15% it restart and undoes the change done to my computer. I tried to go on safe mode but there’s no internet I even try to boot it with networking but it does nothing. I also turned off...
  10. Undoing changes made to your computer

Undoing changes made to your computer: I use windows 10 and I delayed an update as much as I could, But then one I left it to update one night.When I checked the computer in the afternoon after coming from work it was turned off I turned it on and it said Undoing changes made to your computer.Its been a month...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade Undoing changes made to your computer

2. windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 undoing changes

3. asus laptop problem undoing changes

4. undoing changes made to your computer