Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - Internet keeps going down to 10-15 Mbps download speed

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - Internet keeps going down to 10-15 Mbps download speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, After doing the Windows 10 update a couple months ago, where that one update that caused a lot of problems.... After that update, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevbun, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Kevbun Win User

Windows 10 Update - Internet keeps going down to 10-15 Mbps download speed

Hello,

After doing the Windows 10 update a couple months ago, where that one update that caused a lot of problems....

After that update, I noticed that my download speed keeps on going down to 10-15 Mbps.

It used to be around 70-100Mbps and now it seems like it keeps throttling down to 10-15 Mbps.

Whenever I reset the network or restart my google wifi, it would go back to 70-100Mpbs. After several hours of gaming, I noticed that I start to lag in my game and my download speed goes back down to 10-15 Mbps.

How can I fix this? I don't know which update is causing this issue as I have kept updating my windows. Which update should I revert if you think that's the problem?

I tried checking to see if my drivers are updated and it's all updated. I tried to reinstall my network card and it still does the same thing.

I never had this issue till that one Windows 10 update that caused many people to have issue.

It's definitely not the google wifi problem or internet problem because my family hasn't had any issues with their internet. They all have good connections and google wifi shows that it's getting about 300Mbps. I suspect that it's Windows 10 is throttling my download speed or something with Windows that is causing this to happen.

Anyone else have this issue?

:)

Kevbun, Nov 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less

Hi there. I'm trying to troubleshoot my friend's internet speed that goes from ~150-375 Mbps download and ~15-37 Mbps upload. She's paying for 400/40 and the internet repairman said the speeds going into the modem are fine. She's directly connected (no wi-fi)
    and the normal speeds are around 220 down/25 up.

The network card has the latest driver (tried uninstall/reinstall), and I've tried some other things (listed here: Top 4 Ways to Fix Slow Internet after Windows 10 Update | Driver Talent), but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    If it does, the proper speeds don't last long so it just could be a coincidence. I know there is always fluctuation in speeds, but over 50% sometimes is too much.

Thanks.

adamthemute, Nov 4, 2019
  4. SDCUK Win User

Internet Speed issues in uk, my friends get an average download speed of 90+ Mbps, whereas I get at most 10 Mbps.

Original Title -
    UK Internet Speed Question

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area but was wondering about Internet speeds in the UK . Basically my friends get an average download speed of 90+ Mbps, whereas I get at most 10
    Mbps. We only live a few miles apart, why is this? My friends are with Virgin and I am with Sky. Cheers!

SDCUK, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update - Internet keeps going down to 10-15 Mbps download speed - Similar Threads - Update Internet keeps

2. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  3. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  4. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. update to Windows 11 the internet speed has basically went to under 10 mbps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update to Windows 11 the internet speed has basically went to under 10 mbps.: After the auto update to Windows 11 the internet speed has basically went to under 10 mbps I am paying for 600 mbps. I am trying to get help with this problem....
  6. update to Windows 11 the internet speed has basically went to under 10 mbps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update to Windows 11 the internet speed has basically went to under 10 mbps.: After the auto update to Windows 11 the internet speed has basically went to under 10 mbps I am paying for 600 mbps. I am trying to get help with this problem....
  7. internet speed limited to 45 mbps

internet speed limited to 45 mbps: i use windows 10 and its network is slow but in the win7 it is very fast and gets up to 140mbps speed internet but in win10 it is limited to 45mbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-limited-to-45-mbps/122b376c-3434-4726-8b09-ece5f25e4bbc
  8. Download Speed Under 1 MBPS

Download Speed Under 1 MBPS: Hello, I am currently having an issue with my PCs download speed. I have tried wi fi and ethernet, but all of the following things I have tried have been while connected via ethernet to my router. My xfinity plan is for 200mbps download speed. My Iphone 7 gets 189mbps on...
  9. Laptop with Windows 10 slows down high speed internet from 350 mbps to 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop with Windows 10 slows down high speed internet from 350 mbps to 7: Windows 10 is slowing my internet speed from 350 mbps to 7 mbps. When is this going to be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-with-windows-10-slows-down-high-speed/806e2deb-193e-42f1-9e95-e3fbdb60800a
  10. Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine

Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine: Ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10 I've noticed one weird artifact - torrents are much slower and they take much longer to pick up speed. Now, why would that be? Well, the only observation I could make is that on Windows 10 it takes so much longer for PC to connect to...