Windows 10: Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues

Discus and support Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After the release of Windows 10’s September 2020 update (KB4571756 and KB4574727), users are reporting performance issues, Start Menu crashes, sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 14, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues

After the release of Windows 10’s September 2020 update (KB4571756 and KB4574727), users are reporting performance issues, Start Menu crashes, sign-in issues, temporary user profile bug, Blue Screen of Death, and a raft of other minor bugs. If any of this sounds familiar, you’re not alone.

Like every month’s Patch Tuesday release, it seems that not being able to install the updates is the problem most are encountering, with 0x8007371c and 0x800f081f being the most-reported error code.

“I was stuck on version 10.0.19041.388 from July because every single update after that I would get an error message saying some files were missing or corrupted and just now I saw this error again. I have no idea why this is happening,” one Reddit user wrote and there are similar complaints on Feedback Hub.

Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues Feedback-Hub-bug-report.jpg

If you encounter installation issues with Windows 10’s latest patch, we recommend you to use Media Creation Tool when it is updated with September update later this month.

On systems where the updates do install without any hitches, some users have found critical issues.

According to multiple reports, users are having issues when logging into Windows 10 and problems with Start Menu or Action Center. It also appears that the infamous temporary user profile back has appeared again for a few users.

Action Center and Start Menu

It appears that Windows 10 KB4571756 also comes with one hidden change that aims to improve the tablet experience for convertible or hybrid devices in docked scenarios.

Unfortunately, this or some other change in the update appears to be breaking down the Start Menu and Action Center button on a normal desktop. In other words, folks who are using the mouse and keyboard on the normal desktop are unable to open the Action Center and Start Menu.

“I’ve tried Chkdsk, Sfc, restarting Windows Explorer and disabling and reenabling Action Center. I can’t rename the Usrclass.dat file because it is in use,” one user noted in the Microsoft’s community forum, and others have also jumped in with similar complaints.

“My Start Button (and everything that works off it, which includes the action centre) stops working after this is installed. I’ve tested and it’s definitely KB4571756 because uninstalling it fixes the problem,” another user noted.

Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues Start-Menu-Feedback-Hub.jpg

“This update seems to have broken the one-click on everything,” one user wrote.

Sign in issue

In some cases, the KB4571756 and KB4574727 updates, which are supposed to be cumulative updates that bring security fixes to Windows 10, are instead preventing users from accessing their devices.

“I updated my windows 10 to 2004. I cannot login to my computer after updating. Windows 10 keeps signing me out immediately after logging in,” one user noted.

“I did the latest update and now my password won’t work to sign in the computer,” another user wrote.

Temporary user profile bug returns

Some Windows 10 users have again lost access to their user profiles after installing the September 2020 update.

Microsoft acknowledged and allegedly fixed the problem earlier this year, but September update has reportedly caused data loss (missing profile bug) for some users.

In a forum post, one user shared their experience with the temporary user profile bug:

• Restored default wallpaper.
    • Remove data in Firefox.
    • Data in the documents folder missing.

If you encounter temporary user profile bug, Microsoft’s workaround is to boot into the Safe Mode once and everything should return to normal when you get out of the Safe Mode environment.

The post Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 14, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Desboro Win User
    Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Sep 14, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

NdMk2o1o, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues - Similar Threads - update reportedly causing

2. Windows11 update resulted in 'Critical Error' report 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 update resulted in 'Critical Error' report 0xc0000001: Windows11 updated four days ago and now won't boot. Error code 0xc0000001 and 'Critical Error' reported. All attempts to repair, roll back the update inc various online 'fixes have failed. Finally decided to reinstall Windows and now get a pc not compatible ! It is and has...
  3. Windows update kb5004237 causing critical error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update kb5004237 causing critical error.: My moms computer was being buggy, so she restarted it. Upon restarting, the screen was black for a moment before saying "Hi" and then "This will take a few minutes"After those few minutes or whatever went by, behold, the start menu doesn't work, says critical error. Wifi does...
  4. Windows 10 KB5000802, KB5001567 causing new critical printing issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5000802, KB5001567 causing new critical printing issue: Microsoft’s latest patch for Windows 10 printer issues doesn’t work properly for everyone, and causes another printing problem, according to user reports. The affected Windows 10 updates are Windows 10 KB5000802 (March patch), Windows 10 KB5001567 (hotfix for BSOD), and other...
  5. Windows 10 Update Causing Issues

Windows 10 Update Causing Issues: Hi all, I received and installed 3 updates last night: KB4570723 KB4497165 KB4023057 Today I have encountered a whole host of problems: Computer won't restart and it gets stuck in restart; Computer won't shut down. The screen powers off but the computer keeps...
  6. Windows 10 KB4549951 update is causing critical issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4549951 update is causing critical issues: A handful of Windows 10 users are reporting a wide range of issues after installing Windows 10 KB4549951 cumulative update, while others report an error message when they attempt to download and install important security package, which was released on Tuesday. In...
  7. Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 reportedly causing issues on Surface Book 2: Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update is not going well with the GPU drivers on a small number of Surface Book 2 devices. People on forums and Reddit are complaining about freezing and app crashing issues on some Surface Book 2 models after upgrading to Windows 10 version...
  8. Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues: On March 1, 2019, Microsoft began pushing out Windows 10 KB4482887 to October 2018 Update machines. This cumulative update advances the system to Windows 10 Build 17763.348 and it comes with tons of improvements, including support for Retpoline which will eventually improve...
  9. Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen

Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen: A critical windows update was installed on my system 12/12/18 at 5:15 a.m.. This morning (12/13/18) a blue screen appears with a message saying the automatic repair failed. Reference to log file D:\windows\system 32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt. I have tried to reboot and...
  10. Belarc reporting missing critical security updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Belarc reporting missing critical security updates: Hi all, I have Windows 10 x64 Build 15063.296 (Creator's Update) with all latest updates installed as per WIndows Update. When I run Belarc Advisor, it reports missing critical updates (several KB's). I went thru each of them manually and when trying to install them (with the...