Windows 10: Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Last week some windows updates were there I think 1903 so we chose "apply update and shut down". From that point onwards the nightmare started.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HP74SG, Jan 21, 2020.

1. HP74SG Win User

Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues

Hi,

Last week some windows updates were there I think 1903 so we chose "apply update and shut down". From that point onwards the nightmare started.

The next boot was going to the windows recovery menu and windows 10 would not bootup recovery loop. I tried repairing startup/boot from this screen -> failed. I went into command line and followed the series of fixboot commands - no luck. I finally ended up restoring the system.

Then a weird behavior started. Every time, I reset fresh boot the system or turn of fastboot same effect - I see a flashing "Boot Interrupt Menu" from the Bios. I can press escape and then 10 seconds later it will go to windows boot. However, if I am not around then it keeps flashing and after a while, even if I press escape nothing happens.

The only thing holding this piece of junk is the fastboot option that luckily directly goes to windows and bootsup.

I have even tried a bios update Lenovo and even tried resetting bios settings to OS optimized defaults. But no luck.

Interestingly, when it tells me the boot/startup fix failed - and shows me a path to a log file - that log file does not exist. Even the directory stm or something doesn't exit.

Lastly, I have also tried DISM or whatever that utility is DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth - and it was stuck for 4 hours - when pressed ctrl-c then it started showing progress - then it got stuck again at 57% and even after keeping it running overnight - did not do anything useful.

Help me bring this OS back to normal. I have wasted 4 days of my time simply because Microsoft insists on pushing updates down my throat. I would rather turn off such moronic updates and have my laptop running for the actual work I want to do.

Makes me appreciate my MacBook a lot more now.

:)

HP74SG, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Techtu Win User

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues :)

Techtu, Jan 21, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues

1. Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues - Similar Threads - Update issue multiple

2. Windows 10: Multiple issues after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Multiple issues after update.: Hi!Acer Aspire ES1-731Windows 10, Version 22H2, Build 19045.2251.Updates yesterday 12/12:KB5020030KB5019959the OS is in French, some of the following error messages might not be 100% exactMultiple issues after updates. It started after installation of updates was complete and...
  3. Multiple issues with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues with windows 10: So i have windows 10 and these key features are prominent in the issues i run into. 1. windows store always fails to load, and if it does its a grey screen for anywhere from 1-30 minutes of loading before it throws the 0x80131500 error code, i have tried all trouble shooting...
  4. Windows 10 Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Multiple Issues: I am facing multiple problems in windows 10. the start menu is not working, sound driver is installed but sound not working. I cannot reset my through CMD or powershell. No software is working just chrome is working. Actuallt I have low C Drive Storage that is why change my...
  5. Windows 10 Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Multiple Issues: I am facing multiple problems in windows 10. the start menu is not working, sound driver is installed but sound not working. I cannot reset my through CMD or powershell. No software is working just chrome is working. Actuallt I have low C Drive Storage that is why change my...
  6. Multiple Windows 10 Update issues

Multiple Windows 10 Update issues: Windows Update: Updates fail, Update history lists multiple unsuccessful to load the same KB "Failed to install on multiple dates - 0x80070426". In the main Update page "Retry" to download the same KB, after several minutes stuck on 45% leads to "Download error" with the...
  7. Windows 10 2004 update - multiple issues

Windows 10 2004 update - multiple issues: I've received the 2004 feature update for my system previously running 1909. I after rebooting I get a login screen, but after login I only have a blank screen with a mouse cursor. After a long time 15-30min I get a blue screen saying something to the effect that oobe had a...
  8. Onedrive issue and windows update issue - MULTIPLE ISSUES

Onedrive issue and windows update issue - MULTIPLE ISSUES: So I had two OneDrive accounts set on my windows desktop, one is my personal account and the other being a university account. Up until the beginning of last week, both were syncing fine on my desktop. However, starting from last Monday, I had realised that my lecture notes...
  9. Windows 10 update leads to multiple issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update leads to multiple issues: Unwittingly downloaded it this morning. Anyone else having these or similar issues? Any solutions? Apps slow to load Some app icons on bottom navigation bar invisible but still present "Settings" and other system apps won't open via search bar User wants to bang head on...
  10. Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset: So I reset my system again. This isn't the first time that I have had to do this because of issues with Windows 10. After Reset, computer runs good. Only problem now, is that I am having problems installing an update in Windows 10. The update is called Microsoft Visual C++...