Windows 10: Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Discus and support Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KristinaKoontz, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver search, while the update is 1803. Is this a compatibility issue or is something else going on? I read some other forums to block the update, but others advised to use the Windows Update Catalogue to update it manually. Only problem is I've never done that before and am scared of screwing up -- I'm a writer, not a coder. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018 decfda08-c6e0-46ec-a535-07a5ec25c18b?upload=true.png Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018 d50f683d-0ba8-402c-82fc-b61c9e1b11bf?upload=true.png

:)

KristinaKoontz, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Repairing Windows 7

Methods of advanced CLI repair were introduced with Windows 7 and Server 2008 that can allow sysadmins and end-users to attempt to resolve issues without wiping their hard drive, re-installing and either losing or restoring data.

I will list the important repair processes I use in the field, at my bench, remotely, for family, etc. that have allowed me to keep a current Windows 7 system deployed and running smooth. Keep in mind this is not a cure-all, some issues will require what is called an in-place upgrade. In more severe cases, a system re-install may still be required. For many it is worth the time to try and avoid that process and I am hopeful that some of you will be saved that hassle with this part of the guide!

If you're having issues with Windows 7, hopefully the below repair instructions will help you confirm OS file corruption and help resolve it.

Spoiler: Windows 7 Repair In-Place Upgrade

If CHKDSK and SFC fail to repair the issues with the system, then the next option is to perform an in-place upgrade. This is comparable to an Operating System Refresh in Windows 8/8.1 and 10. In that it re-installs most of the operating system's files without losing your profiles, data or programs. In many cases this process accomplishes just that.

Time to close the CLI windows and get back into the GUI, unless you want to deploy Windows through CLI. You'll have to source a different guide for that process!

Requirements to perform a Windows 7 and Server 2008 in-place upgrade:
    • Must have installation media that matches the installed OS version and type. You can download that media click here.
    • Must be able to get to the desktop on the affected system to correctly initiate this process, booting to the media will not allow an upgrade to be performed.
    That last rule is the frustrating part of this repair process if you cannot get that far, backup what you can and do a fresh installation. Otherwise proceed.
    • Start the process by using autorun or manually running setup.exe from the installation media.
    • You'll come to the installation window, the options will be Upgrade or Custom. Choose Upgrade. This is critical as choosing custom will force you to overwrite, append or wipe out the current install rather than performing any kind of repair.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts, which should be very few for you to interact with. The overall process looks and is the Windows 7 install GUI. Once it is completed, the system will automatically reboot (may need to more than once).
    • After the reboot(s) after the in-place upgrade you should have a fully functional Windows 7 without issues or corruptions.
    Performing an in-place upgrade makes sense, and gives you a stable and clean running operating system when there's an issue or corruption you just can't fix but things aren't broken enough to warrant a fresh installation. The point of this process is to refresh the Windows 7 OS files but retain your data, programs, and settings. That is precisely what the in-place upgrade procedure accomplishes.

I should also add that this process can be accomplished remotely as well, from start to finish. I have done so with persistent LogMeIn, ScreenConnect and Teamviewer installations on various remote systems I have performed this task on, RDP should work as well. Being able to do this level of repair remotely is a huge benefit to any sysadmins out there looking to keep a client happy and perform that "remote magic" IT guys are known for.

**If at this point your issues are not fixed, then there is something else occurring that is causing the issue be it Malware, hardware, drivers, etc. Please refer to the OP in this thread to run through some of those tests and diagnostics, or create a new thread seeking help and stating what you've tried.**
    Spoiler: Update Windows 7 Successfully Update Windows 7 Successfully

Many of us have or will run into it, the endless hours of waiting for the Windows Update process to actually update or fail trying to update a Windows 7 install. Could be a fresh install, or a years-old install. This will eventually happen to you, unless you run a WSUS server, and even then the OS can get held up. Microsoft has been changing how all supported versions of Windows update, trending towards the cumulative monthly releases. This transition seems to be one of the tipping points on the matter.

Regardless, there are some excellent solutions available to help you keep up your Windows 7 installation.

• Solaris17's Windows Update Utility
      • Recommended method for most users that simply want their Windows 7 installation updated. Run as admin, follow directions, be patient.
      • Please comment in that thread if you need assistance or run into issues. Solaris has made many useful changes and revisions due to good feedback.
    • Update Windows 7 Manually
      • Manually perform the tasks that Solaris's utility does if you prefer.
      • Another source.
      • One last source for good measure!
    • Windows 7 Refreshed Media Creation
      • Creating a Windows Image file (WIM) that contains the necessary updates can make future deployments boatloads easier. This is well worth a read for the more technical types and sys admins.
    Those links should provide you with some very useful ways to handle updating Windows 7. If you run into any issues updating Windows 7, please start a thread or post in a relevant linked thread if its kept current.

Kursah, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

1. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018 - Similar Threads - Update issue Nov

2. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: I posted before the holidays and due to travel, did not have a chance to fix before the holidays. Please send me a link to get this OS Booting again. The OS is on my RAID drive. If I need to download a driver for my Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID, please let me know...
  3. BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018

BATTERY NO CHARGING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON NOV 27th, 2018: I would like to know if Microsoft has a solution for this problem. After the windows update, my battery is not charging and I have to use my laptop plugged in, what is disturbing me. My battery is brand new. I've changed it in October, it was working perfect since this...
  4. Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData

Nov 2018 Windows Update & Missing AppData: Latest Windows update (Nov. 2018) resulted in a black screen. MS assisted with Custom Reinstall, but PC is now running exceptionally slow & not all of my User data was copied over to the Windows.old file. I am now unable to run anything to try to fix the PC and will likely...
  5. Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID

Nov 2018 automatic update deletes RAID: My OS was on my RAID and functioning fine before this November 2018 update. Windows loads into RAM, but cannot find desktop (because it cannot see the OS and the User account profile files). This is maddening why Microsoft will FORCE an update that kills a system. Why can't...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018: I have just spent 15 hours, yes 15 hours getting my LINX tablet to work again after a automatic upgrade, which it turns out was a new windows 10 installation. When i turned the tablet on I was asked for a password and whichever of my live passwords I entered I got a error...
  7. Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018

Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018: All, when I search for updates, they say they have downloaded and installed and even restarted my computer. When I go to "view update history" nothing shows up. Is this something new? The question I really have is: have my updates been installed and why are they not showing...
  8. Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow laptop due to nov. 13 2018 update: My laptop slowed down by a lot after the november 13 2018 update. I already reseted it. It's still very slow how do I fix this? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-laptop-due-to-nov-13-2018-update/df965aae-b5ca-4886-9aa4-a13d8aca39d6
  9. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!: The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!...
  10. Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018

Programs Removed by Windows 10 Major Updating Nov. 2018: While I have just discovered about this glitch in Windows 10 update, reported since 2017, I wonder why Microsoft has not warned its users! It is totally devastating. After a notification in the Action Center. I agreed to the update (Nov. 9th, 2018). The dire result after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 update issue win 7

2. windows 7 unable to rdp windows update jan 2018

3. windows 10nov 2018

4. windows update 15 november issues,
  5. windows 10 1809 november update issues,
  6. windows 10 nov. 2018 updates,
  7. windows professional 7 november 10 2018,
  8. microsoft updates nov 2018 issues,
  9. latest windows 7 update issue,
  10. windows 10 november2018 update problems,
  11. windows update november 2018,