Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Issue or Virus infection?

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Issue or Virus infection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 worked well for about a year and yesterday when I fired up my pc did an update - the update did not complete. My computer seemed to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rob Waldrip, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update Issue or Virus infection?

My Windows 10 worked well for about a year and yesterday when I fired up my pc did an update - the update did not complete. My computer seemed to be stuck and I did the no-no of doing a hard power off holding the power button down. When I turned back on my pc it was running in mud, by pointer runs in circles blinks on and off.

I started getting these virus and threat protections notifications that folder access has been blocked. My browser took me to a phishing site and saying install this to update and fix system issues. Whiled the sight was trying to appear as a Microsoft site, there was no Microsoft in the URL and the MS logo was not professional.

I have to turn the computer off with a hard power down. I cannot close my browser (Chrome). And I cannot even bring up the dialog to restart or shutdown on my screed. This is why I hard restart.

I ran an advanced full scan from the MS Security system. Nothing found. I tried the MS offline scan. Nothing. Right now it is running a malicious malware scan I downloaded from their website this morning.

While I get the notifications about the multiple folder access blocks that keep coming up - it appears something got through as my pc has issues.

I'd like to try every option before installing a fresh Windows 10 install. The new install with Windows failed 3x over the past year with Dell having to fix it and eventually replace my hard-drive. I'd hate to find the refresh still does not work.

Any advice or instructions to follow is greatly appreciated.

:)

Rob Waldrip, Jan 15, 2019

2. Windows- Edge 10 is infected by virus

Hi Grover,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the exact issue you are facing on Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    For now I would suggest you to perform a virus scan. If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance. Click on the below to perform a virus scan.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 15, 2019
  3. bruinator Win User
    steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jan 15, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 10 Update Issue or Virus infection?

PC Infected with Virus

My boss isn't great with computers and clicked a link in an email she shouldn't have, now the PC is infected with one of those things asking for credit card info to buy anti virus software. I wasn't in the office today so I didn't get to look at it myself, but I told her to boot into safe mode and try system restore, it didn't work though and the virus/program still ran.

Usually in these cases, I just would reinstall Windows to make sure everything is clean. But she has data on this hard drive that can't be lost. When I go in tomorrow, I was going to see if I can copy the data to an external while in safe mode. I don't think it'll work, but I'll give it a shot.

I *think* I have a second internal hard drive at my office. Could I put this in the PC, install Windows on it, boot into the clean Windows then copy the files from the hard drive with the infected Windows?

Any suggestions how I should best deal with this?

OrbitzXT, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Issue or Virus infection?

1. Windows 10 Update Issue or Virus infection? - Similar Threads - Update Issue Virus

2. Infected file by a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infected file by a virus: Hey guys. I have a problem and my problem is that, my laptop had a virus and i was able to remove it but my files were infected and i can't open them like videos and photos etc. I wanna know if is there anyway to fix them, because i really need them and the virus added an...
  3. VIRUS INFECTION AND RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIRUS INFECTION AND RECOVERY: HOW I GIVEN MY Brother's COMPUTER HOW IT HAS DISCOVERED THE VIRUS Blackmail is now a RETURNED Item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-infection-and-recovery/e75100b5-2724-452b-bf6d-5b1c3a13ebcb
  4. Possibility of infecting a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possibility of infecting a virus: I decided to format my pc because of malware infection.If i create iso file to create a bootable USB on same machine, can the malware enter into the bootable USB and infect into machine that I am going to install windows after disk format ??...
  5. System Infected with Virus

System Infected with Virus: hello one of my friends system hacked by a virus that locked all his files and folders.the system slowed down and keeps restarting by itself.is there anyway to fix it without having to delete everything?[Original Title: system hacked]...
  6. Computer infected with virus?

Computer infected with virus?: Between 2:10-2:15 my computer has woken up by itself and between that time my father woke up to try to turn it off because I have the speed fan app to have my case fans turned to max, which woke him up. When he was about to shut it off, it started speaking with a male voice...
  7. Help with Virus Infection

Help with Virus Infection: What in the registry needs to be changed after infection with"LogiCampNotifier"? [Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/help-with-virus-infection/6ef0d3c9-21e9-4632-bccc-1b7015adf1e0
  8. windows infected by a .exe virus

windows infected by a .exe virus: My windows is infected by an .exe virus which as turned mostly folders and files to .exe even the windows defender could stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-infected-by-a-exe-virus/54cd0c93-797f-42a9-9231-ee04bb83b675
  9. Virus infection

Virus infection: i have encountered a .masodas virus which has infected my PC completely so please help, every file has been affected as .masodas extention. Please don't ask me to pay for the solution...
  10. Virus infection

Virus infection: I recently brought a Acer Predator 17 X. After two weeks i noticed a “-“ flashing ln the top left hand side of t a blank screen that loaded after the Acer logo screen and the Windows10 loading screen. I found a utility on sorceforge that found a virus in the bootrecord that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 infected hoax