Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Community Members, I am facing a severe update error from couple of days and have done many troubleshooting from the web, as suggested by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Suman Dep Nath, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Issue

Dear Community Members,

I am facing a severe update error from couple of days and have done many troubleshooting from the web, as suggested by the microsoft community articles and virtual agent, but the error isn't fixing.

The error is "There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: 0x80070002"

Please suggest me the fix.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Suman Dep Nath

:)

Suman Dep Nath, Oct 17, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update Issue

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Issue

1. Windows 10 Update Issue - Similar Threads - Update Issue

2. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  3. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  4. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Chrome update / remove issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome update / remove issue: My Chrome wont update and I cant remove it either.In browser the update says: Fail when checking updates fault code 1: 0X80004005 -- system level. More info Version 122.0.6261.129. Uninstall says: Problem with windows installer package. A program required for this install to...
  6. Chrome update / remove issue

Chrome update / remove issue: My Chrome wont update and I cant remove it either.In browser the update says: Fail when checking updates fault code 1: 0X80004005 -- system level. More info Version 122.0.6261.129. Uninstall says: Problem with windows installer package. A program required for this install to...
  7. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update issue: I successfully installed update KB5036892 on Friday 12th April. Since then, windows update has been attempting to re-install the same update again. It shows that it is installing and then restarts the PC. This then presents a message that files need to be repaired and it...
  8. Windows 10 update issue

Windows 10 update issue: I successfully installed update KB5036892 on Friday 12th April. Since then, windows update has been attempting to re-install the same update again. It shows that it is installing and then restarts the PC. This then presents a message that files need to be repaired and it...
  9. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding: Hello,I have Lenovo thinkpad T460 with Windows 10 64x. Around two months ago, an update was notified and I selected update and shutdown. After that it started updating the system, I waited for more than half hour, but the system was still updating. I had to force shutdown the...