Windows 10: Windows 10 Update issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Update issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a ThinkCentre M93z pc. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64 a few weeks ago. There is an update that Windows is trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wifiusmc, Sep 29, 2015.

1. wifiusmc Win User

Windows 10 Update issue

I have a ThinkCentre M93z pc. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64 a few weeks ago. There is an update that Windows is trying to install that is causing my machine to lock up. I think I’ve narrowed it down to AMD Radeon HD 8500M/8700M update. I’m not sure why windows is trying to install an AMD drive for an Intel graphics card. When looking in Device Manager I see two Display adapters listed. Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Microsoft Basic display Adapter. The Microsoft Basic display Adapter shows that it is not working with error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter. When I tell it to update the Driver, windows finds a new driver to download, try’s to install it and locks the pc. I’ve disabled that adapter in device manager, but Windows update is still trying to install the AMD Radeon driver that locks up my machine every time. I’ve told Windows update to defer updates but it’s still trying to install the AMD driver every time I leave my machine idle for a period of time. It’s starting to become extremely frustrating. What can I do about this?

:)

wifiusmc, Sep 29, 2015

2. Supress Microsoft 10 upgrade pop up

How do you suppress the pop up for the upgrade to Microsoft 10?

Microsoft 10 update issue, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 notification and icon won't go away

When will the issue be resolved?

Microsoft 10 update issue, Sep 29, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Windows 10 Update issue

Try downloading the driver for the Radeon card from the manufacturer directly and installing it that way. The HD 4600 graphics is likely what is integrated into your motherboard, rather than a separate video card.

Kanata, Sep 29, 2015
  5. wifiusmc Win User
    Thank you for the response. This is a all in one unit. there is no additional graphics card installed. Just the onboard HD 4600 on the motherboard. On a side note. I did download the driver from AMD and tried to install it with the same results. The OS locks up.

wifiusmc, Sep 29, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    Are you able to disable the unused device in Device Manager? If you are only using an integrated video connection, then that can be updated from the motherboard manufacturer's site. Perhaps just uninstall the driver that you don't need?

Kanata, Sep 29, 2015
  7. wifiusmc Win User
    This has been a total pain in the rear. After two week of troubleshooting this... I gave this a try and it worked. I ran msconfig and selected to boot into safe mode with alternate shell and base video. I started explorer and went into device manager and manually updated the driver that was provided by the pc manufacture. I’m not sure what was causing the machine to lock up but as least I got past it. Thanks for the help.

wifiusmc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update issue

1. Windows 10 Update issue - Similar Threads - Update issue

2. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...: I am getting error 0x80070643 when running Windows Update. I ran through the steps in KB5028997 to increase the Windows Recovery partition. Everything appears to work up to the last step of running reagentc /enable when I get the Windows RE image was not found. below are the...
  3. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...: I am getting error 0x80070643 when running Windows Update. I ran through the steps in KB5028997 to increase the Windows Recovery partition. Everything appears to work up to the last step of running reagentc /enable when I get the Windows RE image was not found. below are the...
  4. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issue: I have this issue whenever I update my graphics driver to the newest version, my windows 11 forces another update after that to update to a lower version of the graphics driver i.e from 31.0.101.5445 to 31.0.101.5333 , this keeps happening no matter what I do....
  6. Windows Update issue

Windows Update issue: I have this issue whenever I update my graphics driver to the newest version, my windows 11 forces another update after that to update to a lower version of the graphics driver i.e from 31.0.101.5445 to 31.0.101.5333 , this keeps happening no matter what I do....
  7. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  8. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  9. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

10. Windows Quality Update Issues

Windows Quality Update Issues: In March a Windows update broke my computer. I had no task bar, no access to the start menu or settings, no ability to right click to control HP display. Took it to the shop and £90 later the chap wasn't sure he'd fixed it but I got it back and it was working again. Last week...