Windows 10: Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot

Discus and support Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, my Windows 10 was automatically updated. Then, when rebooting, the computer started a repair process automatically, but couldn't complete it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JDias5, Oct 10, 2019.

1. JDias5 Win User

Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot

Recently, my Windows 10 was automatically updated. Then, when rebooting, the computer started a repair process automatically, but couldn't complete it. I was guided to a blue screen. Then, I went to advanced options and allowed the computer to boot from Windows.old.

The error indicated the file SrtTrail.txt. After entering in command line prompt mode in the blue screens, I analyzed this file and I saw that file d:\boot\....\bootres.dll was said to be damaged. Doing dir d:\, I couldn't see none boot directory, and then I could localize the file.

Then, unfortunately, I updated Windows from version 1803 to version 1903. During rebooting, both Windows installations couldn't reboot. One behaved like above mentioned. The other booted to a black screen, without possibility to do Ctrl+Alt+Del.

How can I solve these problems? Why these faulty updates didn't work?

Now I am "reinstalling" Windows, but this deletes my applications. I don't know the name in English of this option, but maybe is "reput your computer".

I would acknowledge any help, including help from a Microsoft technician.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

:)

JDias5, Oct 10, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 10, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot - Similar Threads - update issues Doesn't

2. Windows 10 computer doesn't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer doesn't boot: I have a Dell XPS 8700 desktop with Windows 10.I started having a problem turning the computer on. Thinking that it was the On-off button, I replaced it.This only lead to mild improvement.I did notice that if I reset the power strip after pressing the on-off button, the...
  3. Boot issue after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot issue after windows 10 update.: Does anyone know if Windows already issued a fix for the Subjetc issue.As a home pc-user, I must say that the I am not able to follow all the steps detailed in some posts.I believe Microsoft Corporation should realease a patch to install and automatically fix this issue for...
  4. Boot issue after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot issue after windows 10 update.: Does anyone know if Windows already issued a fix for the Subjetc issue.As a home pc-user, I must say that the I am not able to follow all the steps detailed in some posts.I believe Microsoft Corporation should realease a patch to install and automatically fix this issue for...
  5. Boot issue after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. The laptop doesn't boot Windows 10

The laptop doesn't boot Windows 10: I have a 5-6 years old Asus laptop with i7 CPU, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HDD.After a power interruption it stopped from booting. It always stop at the screen with Windows logo and rotating dots.I did a clean installation of the OS from USB but it didn't solve the problem.Furthermore,...
  7. Windows 10 Booting issue after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting issue after update: Background: A collegues Win 10 laptop will not boot due to user error. C: drive has less that 4gb left, user decided to update. Update required more space so plugged in usb, update took long time to install , user got impatient and unplugged usb , rebooted roll back failed ,...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot

Windows 10 doesn't boot: Hello! So after my last update attempt, after i restarted my laptop Medion Akoya i had problems with the windows 10 OS, it refused to boot, i found here on this page some troubleshoot regarding the some commands, in the command promtkeep in mind, i did not used the desktop, i...
  9. windows 10 update,boot issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update,boot issues: windows 10 update,boot issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updateboot-issues/4e92ba91-0a53-41ca-92d9-8ea77db6f75a
  10. Windows 10 doesn't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't boot: I'm using an HP laptop. When I start the computer, after the hp logo the screen goes black and stops booting. I did a system test and it had a "short dst failure." I've tried booting windows from a bootable usb drive as well. After selecting it to boot, it says that it will...