Windows 10: Windows 10 Update KB4517128 disrupts Galaxy Book 2 Tablet opening MS Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Update KB4517128 disrupts Galaxy Book 2 Tablet opening MS Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There is an issue with this Windows update. When this Windows 10 update loads on my Galaxy Book 2 my apps will open for a brief moment and then close.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelCisneroz, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update KB4517128 disrupts Galaxy Book 2 Tablet opening MS Apps

There is an issue with this Windows update. When this Windows 10 update loads on my Galaxy Book 2 my apps will open for a brief moment and then close. It would not even allow the Windows Store to open.

When it first started happening I could not figure out what the issue was. So I contacted AT&T and their Technical Support department told me that the issue was a Windows update that was causing issues and told me to call Windows Technical Support. When I called and spoke to two Level 2 Windows Technicians, they were unaware of the problem. So they had me do a factory reset. My Book 2 worked just fine after that until this update loaded onto my tablet again. Then my tablet started having the same issue. I backed out this Windows Update KB4517128 and my tablet works just fine.

I know that I am going to have this issue again when this update loads again. Can you please correct this issue?

Thank you

:)

MichaelCisneroz, Sep 23, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Exiting Windows 10 S Mode on the Galaxy Book 2

Hi Scotch

There should be no issue switching that Galaxy Book 2 out of S Mode, at a base level, there will be no extra load on that tablet . ..

The only difference will be that you can run 3rd party applications once you have the full version of Windows 10, so as long as you do not overload that by running too many full applications at the same time, there should be no problem at all . .

DaveM121, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (Verizon)

I purchased the galaxy book 2 from verizon. The system specs are listed below. I switched out of Windows 10 Home S mode to Windows 10 Home in order to install apps from outside the store. However, many programs fail to install. Western Digital Discovery,
    Bitdefender, Realtimes...ect. They give no error codes. What seems to be the problem. The computer can run Office 365 so I am sure it can run these programs. WD Discovery at least. What seems to be the problem? Please help.

• 12-inch, 2,160 x 1,440 pixel OLED touchscreen.
    • Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 processor.
    • 4GB of RAM.
    • 128GB of storage.
    • 8-megapixel rear camera, 5-megapixel front camera.
    • 2 USB-C ports, microSD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack.
    • 11.32-inches x 7.89-inches x 0.30-inches.
    • 1.75lbs (without keyboard)

aww1021850, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update KB4517128 disrupts Galaxy Book 2 Tablet opening MS Apps

Unable to connect the Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet on Windows 10 computer

Hi Arthur,

As you are facing issues accessing the Samsung tablet on Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to detect the tablet under Device Manager?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of accessing the tablet on your computer?

Connect your tablet to computer try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.

• If so, right click on the driver, click on
      Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest tablet software to access it on computer, install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Refer to the Link to download the software.

Click on Support and download the Samsung kies.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the Samsung software and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the tablet on computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update KB4517128 disrupts Galaxy Book 2 Tablet opening MS Apps

1. Windows 10 Update KB4517128 disrupts Galaxy Book 2 Tablet opening MS Apps - Similar Threads - Update KB4517128 disrupts

2. Galaxy Book Go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Book Go: I have a brand new Book Go with these stats:Device name DESKTOP-CGISR2Q Processor Snapdragon TM 7c Gen 2 @ 2.55 GHz 2.55 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB 3.68 GB usable Device ID ED569CA1-8D82-4CE9-886C-02D06247EE9A Product ID 00356-02518-30649-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating...
  3. Galaxy Book Go

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Galaxy Book Go: I have a brand new Book Go with these stats:Device name DESKTOP-CGISR2Q Processor Snapdragon TM 7c Gen 2 @ 2.55 GHz 2.55 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB 3.68 GB usable Device ID ED569CA1-8D82-4CE9-886C-02D06247EE9A Product ID 00356-02518-30649-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating...
  4. Galaxy Book Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. galaxy book s

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    galaxy book s: Anyone here has a samsung galaxy book s laptop with windows 10 64bit ?My laptop has restart, turns off. sometimes i cant even power it on. I have factory reset, reinstalled all the updates but it does not help!Sometimes i get an error saying the drive couldn't be created......
  6. New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion: Over the last month, it's become clear that we rely on our technology more than ever before. Our mobile devices keep us connected to our loved ones, coworkers, and classmates. They help us stay organized, on-task, and in-the-loop. They let us shop from bed, keep up with the...
  7. Exiting Windows 10 S Mode on the Galaxy Book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Exiting Windows 10 S Mode on the Galaxy Book 2: Hello, I am getting conflicting information on the viability of exiting Win10 S mode on the Galaxy Book 2 (GB2). The device has the specs to run the full version of Windows 10 but Samsung has advised against it without being able to provide me with a specific reason why. I...
  8. Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (Verizon)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (Verizon): I purchased the galaxy book 2 from verizon. The system specs are listed below. I switched out of Windows 10 Home S mode to Windows 10 Home in order to install apps from outside the store. However, many programs fail to install. Western Digital Discovery, Bitdefender,...
  9. Samsung Galaxy Book 2 with Windows 10 and Snapdragon 850 unveiled

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Galaxy Book 2 with Windows 10 and Snapdragon 850 unveiled: After numerous leaks and rumours, Samsung has unveiled the next-generation Windows 10 device. Samsung Galaxy Book 2 is here and it uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 processor instead of Intel Core SoC. Samsung today announced the version of its Galaxy Book 2-in-1 PC and the...
  10. Samsung’s Galaxy Book 2 with Windows 10 passes FCC certification

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung’s Galaxy Book 2 with Windows 10 passes FCC certification: Samsung Galaxy Book 2 recently appeared on WiFi Org revealing that the device will run Windows 10 in S Mode out of the box. This week, one of the Samsung Galaxy Book 2 models appears to have been certified by the FCC. Listed as the SMW737N0, the model number indicates that...