Windows 10: Windows 10 update KB4530684 critical process died, boot drive disabled

Discus and support Windows 10 update KB4530684 critical process died, boot drive disabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 over the weekend. Installation crashed near the end over and over during final Update process. Disconnected from internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisArchitect, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update KB4530684 critical process died, boot drive disabled

I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 over the weekend. Installation crashed near the end over and over during final Update process. Disconnected from internet and managed to install the system, but when it updates to KB4530684, the bios gets altered so my SSD drive which is my boot drive gets disabled, so I get a BSOD.

I have uninstalled the update and the system is up and running, but that update can only be held off for so long. How can I find a fix?

This is a high-end 2013 Velocity Micro computer with an ASUS P9X79 LE Motherboard. Bios is up to date and SSD driver Samsung is also updated to most recent version.

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

:)

ChrisArchitect, Jan 13, 2020

2. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 13, 2020
  3. singh Win User
    Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Windows 10 update KB4530684 critical process died, boot drive disabled [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update KB4530684 critical process died, boot drive disabled

Critical Process Died

Hello people i tried to fix this with every way i know .. and i just cant... when i try to chkdsk it says that i cannot lock current drive, when i try scannow it just doesnt complete.. windows updates and defender just dont load in safe mode and i dont
    have to time to operate in normal mode. Clean boot didnt help.. disabling driver didnt help i had 3 BSOD problems: Unexpected Store exception,Critical process died and 0xc00007b now im having problem with only critical process died. please help

IvanBalažovič, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update KB4530684 critical process died, boot drive disabled

1. Windows 10 update KB4530684 critical process died, boot drive disabled - Similar Threads - update KB4530684 critical

2. Unable to boot - “critical process died” Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot - “critical process died” Windows 10: A few days ago I ran I to a BSOD loop of a bunch of different errors which I didn’t really document. Eventually, I did something which stopped them but now I am greeted with the same error every time I try to boot - “critical process died”. I’ve tried a bunch of things but...
  3. Unable to boot - “critical process died” Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot - “critical process died” Windows 10: A few days ago I ran I to a BSOD loop of a bunch of different errors which I didn’t really document. Eventually, I did something which stopped them but now I am greeted with the same error every time I try to boot - “critical process died”. I’ve tried a bunch of things but...
  4. Unable to boot - “critical process died” Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died: Hey all,Looking for some help from forum members. All of a sudden my windows 10 pro stopped booting and failing BSOD with 'critical process died'.I tried several things to recover to no avail:- system restore it shows 2 restore points, but just says that it fails to restore-...
  6. Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died: Hey all,Looking for some help from forum members. All of a sudden my windows 10 pro stopped booting and failing BSOD with 'critical process died'.I tried several things to recover to no avail:- system restore it shows 2 restore points, but just says that it fails to restore-...
  7. Windows 10 stopped booting critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Critical process died boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical process died boot loop: Hi guys, i just have this bsod everytime i booted to my windows 64bit os+some ram issues that i fixed by removing 1 stick and wont even boot to safe modeI fixed the issue by booting to my 32 bit system via dualboot but still any thoughts about my problemIt boots normally...
  9. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT: So I got this error yesterday and Ive tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working. I don't know what to do and saying all the things I tried would make this thread endless. I'm using a desktop and I have no access to the hone screen and I cannot boot into safe mode...
  10. Unable to boot - "critical process died"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot - "critical process died": Yesterday i had a BSOD with a driver problem. It would get to the desktop and each time give a "exception not handled" BSOD a few seconds after getting to desktop. I was able to boot into safe mode fine though, so uninstalled my graphics drivers. The problem still carried on,...
Tags: