Windows 10: windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter

Discus and support windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; THE MOST RECENT UPDATE KB4535966 FAILED TO INSTALL AND WHILE IT WAS FAILING, IT KEPT TURNING MY ROSEWILL DUAL BAND WIRELESS USB ADAPTER ON AND OFF,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YELLSALOTT, Mar 3, 2020.

1. windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter

THE MOST RECENT UPDATE KB4535966 FAILED TO INSTALL AND WHILE IT WAS FAILING, IT KEPT TURNING MY ROSEWILL DUAL BAND WIRELESS USB ADAPTER ON AND OFF, OVER AND OVER. I COULD HEAR THE COMPUTER MAKE THOSE TONES WHEN THINGS ARE DISCONNECTED AND RECONNECTED.

I WATCHED THE GREEN LIGHT IN THE ADAPTER GO ON AND OFF, OVER AND OVER, FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES WHILE WINDOWS WAS TRYING TO INSTALL THE UPDATE. AND FOR THE PAST WEEK, NO UPDATES COULD INSTALL, THEY ALL GIVE ME THE FOLLOWING ERROR CODE 0x80073712. I LOOKED IT UP. THE FILES ARE MISSING OR JUST CORRUPTED.

NOW, SINCE I INSTALLED THE 1903 BUILD AND THEN UPDATED, EVERYTHING WENT TO ****. SLOWER THAN WINDOWS XP. THE SIGN IN SCREEN TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD AND WHEN IT DOES, IT KICKS ME BACK TO THE SPLASH SCREEN AT LEAST 3 F***ING TIMES BEFORE IT LETS ME LOG ON.

I'VE HAD TO RE ACTIVATE ALL MY WIRELESS ADAPTERS WITH WINDOWS 10 SEVERAL TIMES A DAY, BUT NEVER DID AN UPDATE PHYSICALLY DAMAGE COMPONENTS ON MY PC.

I BOOTED UP WINDOWS 7, THE ADAPTER WONT POWER UP, BUT IT IS USING MY 2.6 GHZ ROSEWILL WITH NO PROBLEMS, BUT WINDOWS 10? NOPE, IT WONT TOUCH IT NOW, SO ALL DAY LONG I HAD TO TETHER MY ANDROID TABLET TO MY PC, SO I COULD GET SCHOOLWORK DONE, SINCE I'M IN COLLEGE FOR MY BACHELORS IN SCIENCE OF APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY. AND BLACKBOARD ULTRA ISN'T WINDOWS 7 FRIENDLY.

I'VE TRIED ALL OF THE COOKIE CUTTER STEPS TO FIX WINDOWS 1O AND NONE OF THEM WORKED. I HAVE OVER 5 GRAND IN MY PC, RUNNING NORTON 360, IT'S A 4 CORE SYSTEM WITH 32 GIGS OF MEMORY, 850 WATTS POWER, OVER 6 AND A HALF GIGABYTES OF WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVES.

SYSTEM RESTORE NEVER COMPLETES, IT JUST SAY'S IT'S STARTING SYSTEM RESTORE AND NOT TO TURN OFF MY PC. BUT WHEN IT'S 5 HOURS LATER, AND IT'S STILL ON THE SAME FU**ING SCREEN WITH THAT DAMNED ARROW GOING IN CIRCLES.

SO....MICROSOFT.....WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RELEASING UPDATES THAT ACTUALLY BREAK THINGS ON MY PC?

MY WIRELESS ADAPTER IS UNDER WARRANTY, AND I'LL BE SENDING IT IN FOR REPLACEMENT, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

RIGHT NOW, AS MY PC SITS, IT WON'T USE A N Y WIRELESS ADAPTERS, AND USING THE ETHERNET AT THIS TIME IS NOT AN OPTION BECAUSE WHERE I LIVE, IT'S WIRELESS ONLY.

SO MY QUESTION, SINCE I WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO VOLUNTEER TO BE A WINDOWS INSIDER, OH ABOUT THAT, EVERY DAY THE DATA COLLECTION RESETS ITSELF TO THE LOWEST SETTING, ALL BY ITSELF.

SO I'M GOING TO TRY TO REINSTALL THE 1903 BUILD, AND THEN, IF IT WORKS, I'M GOING TO SET IT TO NEVER UPDATE.

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, MICROSOFT OWES ME A REPLACEMENT ADAPTER. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO GO BUY A NEW ONE ASAFP BECAUSE I'M IN SCHOOL. IT'S NOT MY DAMNED FAULT THEIR PROGRAM FRIED MY STUFF.

IF ANYONE HAS USEFUL INFORMATION, PLEASE HIT ME AT *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

YELLSALOTT, Mar 3, 2020

2. RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER

YES, I A M YELLING.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH SINCE I INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 1903 BUILD AND STARTED UPDATING MY 5000 DOLLAR DESKTOP IS RUNNING SLOW AS ****, AND 4 OR 5 TIMES A DAY, THE WIRELESS JUST DISCONNECTS AND I HAVE TO RECONNECT ALL OF MY WIRELESS ADAPTERS AND EVEN THOUGH I'M LOGGED
    ON AS THE ADMINISTRATOR, I GET TOLD I DON'T HAVE SUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO BRIDGE THEM............................

SO TODAY, I MADE THE MISTAKE OF DOWNLOADING THE ABOVE LISTED UPDATE FROM MICROSOFT DIRECTLY, AND NOT ONLY DID IT FAIL..........

IT FRIED, AS IN IT NO LONGER POWERS UP, MY NEW, LESS THAN 2 MONTHS OLD ROSEWILL DUALBAND WIRELESS ADAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M BACK IN SCHOOL NOW, IN COLLEGE, AND A SUBSTANDARD OS IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT WHEN YOUR DAMNED UPDATES START FRYING COMPONENTS I HAVE ATTACHED TO MY PC........................................

I'M F***ING DONE WITH WINDOWS.

AND BEFORE YOU ASK, YES, I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THE **** COOKIE CUTTER OPTIONS TO FIX WHAT I NOW BELIEVE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN DAMNED SPYWARE. AND YES, I'VE TRIED SYSTEM RESTORE, WITH ALL THE **** UPDATES THAT HAVE MESSED MY SYSTEM UP, IT NEVER COMPLETES,
    IT JUST SAY RESTARTING, AND NEVER DOES.

RIGHT NOW, I'M BEING FORCED TO USE MY ANDROID TABLET TO TETHER IT TO MY PC FOR AN INTERNET CONNECTION.

AND NO, RUNNING AN ETHERNET TO MY PC IS NOT AN OPTION AT THIS TIME.

I'M GOING TO TRY TO USE MY COPY OF WINDOWS 7, BUT I HAVE A FEELING MY NEW ADAPTER IS FREAKING TOASTED NOW.

SCREW YOU MICROSOFT....I'M BUYING LINUX NEXT MONTH, AFTER 21 YEARS OF DEALING WITH THE HALF **** OPERATING SYSTEMS YOU'VE PUT OUT...............I'M DONE...............LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER, DO YOU EVEN CARE?

YELLSALOTT, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 3, 2020
  4. windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter

wireless display adapter firmware update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the wireless adapter?

2. Are you referring to updating the Wireless display adapter?

If so, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer's website and check if there are any updates available.

However, you can try the steps below and check if you are able to update it manually from the computer.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the wireless display adapter is listed, expand it.

4. Right click on the driver and check for updates.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter

1. windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter - Similar Threads - update kb4535966 fried

2. Bluetooth Adapter Fried

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Adapter Fried: I was using my Apple AirPods with my computer and listening music through them using bluetooth and then I walked downstairs. As expected the bluetooth connection got weaker as I went downstairs and the music started cutting out. I'm usually downstairs a few minutes at a time...
  3. windows 10 v2004 update..wireless device adapter.

windows 10 v2004 update..wireless device adapter.: Ever since upgrading to W10 v.2004 my laptop lenovo thinkpad T440 isn't seeing my system wireless adapter card Intel 7260/5 NGW, i've purchased an external USB one as a stand in that works fineit's a bit slower ... has anyone any suggestions ?.I've tried virtually everything...
  4. Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wireless Adapter "Disconnected": Hello, so today when I tried to connect my laptop to WiFi, I noticed that the WiFi settings have disappeared. Before I have been using ethernet at home, so I have no idea when this started, but definetly less than 2 days ago because I was still able to connect to WiFi back...
  5. Windows 10 Xbox Wireless Adapter

Windows 10 Xbox Wireless Adapter: Hello! My Xbox wireless adapter wont flash or do anything in any of my ports. Can someone help me figure out what the issue is? It was working not too long ago. I woke up 2 days ago and turned my PC on, and tried to sync my controller to the adapter and it wasn't even...
  6. my wireless pci adapter is not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    my wireless pci adapter is not working in windows 10: I am using windows 10 64 bit OS And I recently installed netgear wg311v3 54mbps wireless pci adapter and it won't working in my system it says device can't start then i am taken cpu to the local computer shop where i bought my PC they reinstall windows 10 and it is not...
  7. RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER: YES, I A M YELLING. IT'S BAD ENOUGH SINCE I INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 1903 BUILD AND STARTED UPDATING MY 5000 DOLLAR DESKTOP IS RUNNING SLOW AS ****, AND 4 OR 5 TIMES A DAY, THE WIRELESS JUST DISCONNECTS AND I HAVE TO RECONNECT ALL OF MY WIRELESS ADAPTERS AND EVEN THOUGH I'M...
  8. March 9 Windows 10 update fried my laptop??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    March 9 Windows 10 update fried my laptop??: I came home find that my Windows 10 Dell Laptop had updated, was able to login once and found that a new Google Chrome was installed as well, but not synced to my Google account. I logged in and then restarted. The first time it started when it updated it was flashing. After...
  9. Recent Update Messed with my Wireless Adapter

Recent Update Messed with my Wireless Adapter: I recently installed the new Windows 10 update on Feb 5th. Everything was fine until I realized my computers Wireless Adapter started acting funky towards a very specific wifi connection. I use a Personal Hotspot off of an iPhone 6 to play games because our house wifi is...
  10. Your Windows 10 update fried my hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your Windows 10 update fried my hard drive: Your Windows 10 update fried my hard drive toshiba computer that was only 2 years old. What are you going to do about i. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-10-update-fried-my-hard-drive/db4f8176-4f3e-4480-8cae-d1549abd4a58