Windows 10: Windows 10 update KB4556799 locks PC during install. Can't turn off PC

Discus and support Windows 10 update KB4556799 locks PC during install. Can't turn off PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Went through Check for Updates to get latest updates for Windows 10. Update KB4556799 installed to 73% then locked PC. I can't get PC to respond or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BartonTorbert, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update KB4556799 locks PC during install. Can't turn off PC

Went through Check for Updates to get latest updates for Windows 10. Update KB4556799 installed to 73% then locked PC. I can't get PC to respond or power it off with the PC power button.

I have a DELL XPS laptop. It has a soft pack battery, so I can't just pull the battery.

Any ideas of what to do?

:)

BartonTorbert, Jun 2, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 2, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update KB4556799 locks PC during install. Can't turn off PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update KB4556799 locks PC during install. Can't turn off PC

1. Windows 10 update KB4556799 locks PC during install. Can't turn off PC - Similar Threads - update KB4556799 locks

2. pc turning off and on during windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off and on during windows installation: hi so i had reset my pc a few days ago and everything was going good. it started reinstalling windows and as soon as it got to 64% the monitor turned off but a few seconds later it had turned right back on so i thought everything was fine until it turned right back off again....
  3. pc turning off and on during windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc turning off and on during windows installation: hi so i had reset my pc a few days ago and everything was going good. it started reinstalling windows and as soon as it got to 64% the monitor turned off but a few seconds later it had turned right back on so i thought everything was fine until it turned right back off again....
  4. If I turn off PC during reset this PC is downloading windows from local install, then my PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I turn off PC during reset this PC is downloading windows from local install, then my PC...: If I turn off PC during reset this PC is downloading windows from local install, then my PC have no operating system. How to install a new window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-turn-off-pc-during-reset-this-pc-is/e0682b2b-2fac-4ea9-9688-a4124ec77b90
  5. If I turn off PC during reset this PC is downloading windows from local install, then my PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I turn off PC during reset this PC is downloading windows from local install, then my PC...: If I turn off PC during reset this PC is downloading windows from local install, then my PC have no operating system. How to install a new window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-turn-off-pc-during-reset-this-pc-is/e0682b2b-2fac-4ea9-9688-a4124ec77b90
  6. Turned off during installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned off during installing: Hi I just sold my pc to someone. The person arrived to collect but my pc still resetting. He had to wait outside my house. After 15 min the reset percentage finally reached 100% and I told him I'm packing it up then the screen changed to light blue background "installing...
  7. Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?: On my Old Dell 1440 I run Windows 10 20H2 and use the LOCK (off Start Menu) when I am finished. I am using the Laptop only on AC power usually. I have noticed since about last 1-2 weeks that my PC never powers off, i.e., Power Button remains on. Prior to that, when I did a...
  8. Pc turned off during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turned off during reset: I was resetting my pc to sell then The screen froze and about 10 minutes later it turned off and now every time I turn it back on a page comes up saying my pc had an unexpected restart and says press ok to download windows and every time I press ok it does the same thing over...
  9. Turned PC off during reset while it was installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turned PC off during reset while it was installing Windows 10.: I reset my Computer and while it was going through the process of a reset my dog managed to unplug the power to the computer, when I have tried to turn the PC back on it displays a message stating"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  10. Tried to wipe my pc, pc turned off during reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried to wipe my pc, pc turned off during reinstall: tried to wipe my pc. It went dead in the middle of reinstalling windows. Now it freezes while trying to reinstall windows, have tried so many times...
Tags: