Windows 10: Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO

Discus and support Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As it says in subject. I have a folder created to each user on Desktop which contains around 30 shortcuts. After KB5017308 update, all shortcuts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Splico1985MS, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO

As it says in subject. I have a folder created to each user on Desktop which contains around 30 shortcuts. After KB5017308 update, all shortcuts are created empty with 0 bytes and no info where shortcut "leads" to. Removing an update fixes immediately.

:)

Splico1985MS, Sep 14, 2022
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Sep 14, 2022
  3. freebie Win User
    Windows Server 2003 - GPO Help!

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a GPO on windows server 2003, to simply overwrite a file each time a user logons in their profile.

Anyone got any tips for this?

freebie, Sep 14, 2022
  4. Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO

1. Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO - Similar Threads - update KB5017308 breaks

2. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  3. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  4. Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5017308

Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5017308: Hi,KB5017308 creating problems, after update all my office systems goes stuck and taking too much time to load or open softwares/browsers. Whereas, after uninstall all systems works well.Expecting best remedy....
  5. Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO: As it says in subject. I have a folder created to each user on Desktop which contains around 30 shortcuts. After KB5017308 update, all shortcuts are created empty with 0 bytes and no info where shortcut "leads" to. Removing an update fixes immediately....
  6. Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO

Windows 10 update KB5017308 breaks shortcuts created by GPO: As it says in subject. I have a folder created to each user on Desktop which contains around 30 shortcuts. After KB5017308 update, all shortcuts are created empty with 0 bytes and no info where shortcut "leads" to. Removing an update fixes immediately....
  7. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  8. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  9. Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Windows Update Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Update helps keep your PC safer and your software current by automatically downloading and installing important and critical updates...
  10. Create Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Check for updates in Windows Update shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft has made it easier for Windows Update to keep Windows 10 updated by automatically...