Windows 10: Windows 10 Update keeps Deleting my Files

Discus and support Windows 10 Update keeps Deleting my Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago, my computer told me that it needed an update, so I accepted the update without any question. But when the computer restarted, all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeesangLee, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update keeps Deleting my Files

A few days ago, my computer told me that it needed an update, so I accepted the update without any question. But when the computer restarted, all of my files and previous documents were deleted. I tried using EaseUS Data Recovery to recover my files, which worked. But the following day, the files got deleted again and I was back to square one.

First, is it normal for Windows 10 updates to get rid of files on your computer, and if so, is there a way to stop it from happening over and over; reverse updating back to the previous version?

:)

JeesangLee, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Tintai Win User
    I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

Windows 10 Update keeps Deleting my Files

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows 10 Update keeps Deleting my Files ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update keeps Deleting my Files

1. Windows 10 Update keeps Deleting my Files - Similar Threads - Update keeps Deleting

2. Why doe's Windows 10 keep deleting my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doe's Windows 10 keep deleting my files?: So I've been trying to download a file from the web so I can do a little coding and test some code line but everytime I try to download it, it just disappears, I turned off windows built in virus protection but the problem continues I can download almost nothing from the web...
  3. Why doe's Windows 10 keep deleting my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doe's Windows 10 keep deleting my files?: So I've been trying to download a file from the web so I can do a little coding and test some code line but everytime I try to download it, it just disappears, I turned off windows built in virus protection but the problem continues I can download almost nothing from the web...
  4. HELP, Windows keeps deleting my files after updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP, Windows keeps deleting my files after updates.: I posted about this a week or so ago, and it has happened 3 times since. I've gotten a few recommendations on what to do, and absolutely none have worked. Checking files, using system restore (multiple times, nothing.) etc., I really need help here, I can't afford to get a...
  5. Windows 10 update deleted my files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update deleted my files.: Help please!! I updated Windows 10, and when I restarted all of my files were gone! I have searched for two days and they are nowhere to be found! And although I log in with my normal info, it keeps telling me that I am logged in with a temporary profile. Therefore I can't...
  6. Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files: Why does Windows 10 keep deleting files? What is the purpose of this process? I have now restored at least 5 times and it is all becoming very frustrating. Who do we advise at Microsoft to get them to stop. Every time that I shutdown my computer the issue begins again....
  7. Windows 10 update Deleted my files?

Windows 10 update Deleted my files?: Windows 10 package update occurred 3/5/2020. Said it could not copy my profile. Only gave options to say "OK". Now all my settings and files seem to have disappeared. I have set view to show hidden files - nothing. Cannot find files anywhere. I did find under Sync...
  8. windows 10 keeps deleting my files

windows 10 keeps deleting my files: Why win10 is deleting my files?, this problem is very annoyng, i had important design files, for many of my costumers, and it keeps deleting the files, the files are on different psihical hard disk on my pc, not even on different partition with the same disk with OS. ****...
  9. Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files

Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files: Why does Windows 10 keep deleting files? What is the purpose of this process? I have now restored at least 5 times and it is all becoming very frustrating. Who do we advise at Microsoft to get them to stop. Every time that I shutdown my computer the issue begins again....
  10. Windows 10 update deleted my files

Windows 10 update deleted my files: There must have been an update with Windows 10. I have not used my laptop since April 15. I logged in yesterday and my password was not accepted. Once I did her access, I found all my files were GONE! MS where are my effen files!!!!’...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keeps deleting files when i restart 2019