Windows 10: Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history

Discus and support Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past 4-5 months ever since some major windows 10 update, windows keeps erasing my files and any browser history (Chrome, Edge, firefox) What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ErnestSpruill, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history

For the past 4-5 months ever since some major windows 10 update, windows keeps erasing my files and any browser history (Chrome, Edge, firefox) What is being done about this? I had no choice but to update and now without warning, I'll log on and after a minute or so, it will come up and the Welcome to windows 10 screen will appear as if there was a new installation. All of my files are erased. This is extremely frustrating to lose important work and internet favorites. What is going on? how do I get my files back?

:)

ErnestSpruill, Dec 7, 2019

2. N8 GPS Search History (erasing)

What are the steps needed to clear/erase the search history in the GPS mode? Clearing search history in phone/browser does not clear it in the GPS search...Thanks for any assistance.

traveler110, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Why does Windows 10 suddenly keep erasing my Update History?

Hi,

Why does Windows 10 suddenly keep erasing my Update History? I'm having trouble installing some updates (I know that's common) but usually there's a long list of the same one failing over and over. Lately, the list is shorter. The past few times I've checked--it's
    empty. Yet I'm still getting the message that a particular update has failed to install (AGAIN!) It almost like the more it fails, the less evidence there is of its failure? Is there a setting that has been changed somehow? I didn't change anything.

Thanks, Betsey

calgal1077, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history

1. Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history - Similar Threads - update keeps erasing

2. Browser history in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser history in Windows: Hi! Each time I turn off my computer, my browser history is cleared except for saved passwords and autofill forms. It doesn't matter if I use Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, ... I've tried the settings in every browser, but I still can't solve this problem. I thought it...
  3. Profile history erased?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile history erased?: Hi WIndows Community, my name is Angus Lee and I have a windows 10 pc with Intel 8700k cpu Tampa 2 motherboard intel UHD 630 Graphics 8 gbs of RAM 650 watt power supply preinstalled water cooler from hp and an air cooler I have recently had a freeze where I held...
  4. window update erased all of my passwords in browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    window update erased all of my passwords in browsers: any solution to get my passwords back? I'm the only person who knows how to use PC in a 9-people family so I saved a lot of passwords which I can't remember for everyone. please help. thanks in advance submitted by /u/duyduongnguyen2610 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows update erased my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update erased my files: I've updated my windows version and i noticed that my folders weren't on my dekstop . Not a problem, cause i found their path and dragged them back on dekstop. BUT , when i checked for windows updates in setting , after the restart, Windows literally delete a big part of...
  6. File History - "Keep My Backups"

File History - "Keep My Backups": Does File History delete backup files that are older than the "Keep My Backups" setting, even if those files have not changed? Or, does it only delete older files for which more recent versions exist. I assume the former, but I have not found a description of how File...
  7. Windows 10 update erased bookmarks and files

Windows 10 update erased bookmarks and files: What is going on? I had to do a windows 10 update that said something about my version expiring and and now I can't find a ton of bookmarks and files. Every bookmark in explorer is gone and half of my bookmarks on firefox is gone. Years of downloaded video files are gone....
  8. Windows 10 update keeps erasing my Chrome bookmarks, Quicken files, default information

Windows 10 update keeps erasing my Chrome bookmarks, Quicken files, default information: Every time my computer restarts, I must redo all defaults, including finding my Chrome bookmarks, Quicken files, documents folder, etc. How do I get these to load automatically when the computer restarts?...
  9. Browser History...

in Browsers and Email
    Browser History...: I noticed that the Registry Key... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage ...seems to keep a complete record of every site...
  10. browser history

in Browsers and Email
    browser history: Hi, I have a problem with browser history not showing in Edge, IE11 and Crome, I use Google as search machine in Edge. Only way I can see earlier seaches is by typing the coresponding letter. I don`t know when this occurred, I probably have set something wrong in settings,...