Windows 10: Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues

Discus and support Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After the windows 10 update (was available last tue, but just installed it) I was having some cpu issues with it, where it would max out at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EventualFiend61, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues

Hello, After the windows 10 update (was available last tue, but just installed it) I was having some cpu issues with it, where it would max out at 100%. To try to alleviate this issue I tried to roll back the update, but when I did my keyboard stopped working. I cant sign on, get to the bios, or do anything at all. ive went out and bought a brand new keyboard and tested it out and it too didnt work. Can anyone help me with this issue? It would be greatly appreciated!

Josh

:)

EventualFiend61, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues

1. Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues - Similar Threads - update Keyboard Driver

2. Keyboard driver issue after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard driver issue after update: My Lenovo legion7 laptop's keyboard is no longer functional after updating Windows 11 about 6 months ago. The keyboard has special function buttons assigned Fn + Q for instance, which still work. Additonally, the NumLock is illuminated, and Fn + F1-10 work to change various...
  3. Keyboard driver issue after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard driver issue after update: My Lenovo legion7 laptop's keyboard is no longer functional after updating Windows 11 about 6 months ago. The keyboard has special function buttons assigned Fn + Q for instance, which still work. Additonally, the NumLock is illuminated, and Fn + F1-10 work to change various...
  4. keyboard driver issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard driver issues in Windows 10: I a running Windows 10 on an iMac Studio. Windows recognises the new keyboard is has been plugged in it puts a notification of USB device connected and says it is working properly but the power does not appear to get there as the Caps Lock light does not come on. The keyboard...
  5. keyboard driver issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard driver issues in Windows 10: I a running Windows 10 on an iMac Studio. Windows recognises the new keyboard is has been plugged in it puts a notification of USB device connected and says it is working properly but the power does not appear to get there as the Caps Lock light does not come on. The keyboard...
  6. keyboard driver issues in Windows 10

7. Keyboard Driver Issues

Keyboard Driver Issues: I bought my pc in 2020 and recently my backspace, space and enter key's all stopped working. I went to check the drivers and it said my drivers were from 2006 which shocked me. What can be done about it? I have tried lenovo pcsupport website but they do not have keyboard...
  8. keyboard and driver issue

keyboard and driver issue: i have an lenovo x220 with and i7. I just clean installed windows 10 and everything was working just fine and i installed all drivers. Still everything was fine. After 1-2 days the backspace key on my keyboard isnt working and when i click it it makes a beep sound. i turned...
  9. Windows 10 Keyboard Driver Issue

Windows 10 Keyboard Driver Issue: Hi MS, I just bought a Philip mechanical keyboard 8404 and I am facing driver issue with this keyboard. And, I have tried method 1 and 2. It doesn't work at all. This Windows 10 keep on resetting and detecting the Philips keyboard. BTW, I am using a laptop and connect it...
  10. Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:: Hey, I installed the 20H2 Windows Feature update yesterday heard it's good for gaming performance! but after updating, the keyboard on my laptop has stopped working. I tried the common troubleshooting fixes for keyboards. I ran Windows update again in case hotfixes or new...