Windows 10: windows 10 update killed my harddrive, what to do now?

Discus and support windows 10 update killed my harddrive, what to do now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so, last night when I need to turn off my computer, it gave me the option “turn Off and update“. alright, seems there's no other choice unless I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sean - update kills, Apr 19, 2019.

1. windows 10 update killed my harddrive, what to do now?

so, last night when I need to turn off my computer, it gave me the option “turn Off and update“. alright, seems there's no other choice unless I'm willing to pay for my 700w power supply forever. So I turned off my computer, and left it alone for updating thing.

then, this afternoon when I came home and try to turn on my computer, it shows "no bootable device" . I tried everything, change BIOS boot order, windows repair, windows boot repair. nothing helpful. then I removed the SSD put in a harddrive case and pulg it on my laptop, it shows my harddrive need to be "initialized" --- wait.... what? why? then I use other tool to scan it, which shows my SSD has only 32kb capacity now. I can't even format it, there's even not enough space to create a Path...

Please tell me what can I do. Please tell me if I can still get my data back.

:)

Sean - update kills, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Octopuss Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

Is there any link with list of everything related to this for those who want to do it manually?

Octopuss, Apr 19, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

windows 10 update killed my harddrive, what to do now?

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 update killed my harddrive, what to do now?

1. windows 10 update killed my harddrive, what to do now? - Similar Threads - update killed harddrive

2. What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.: I had just got home, ready to play some guitar using the effects on FL Studio, and when I went to plug in my quarter inch stereo audio cable into the line output of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen Audio Interface, powered by my computer via a USB Type-A Male to USB Type-C...
  3. What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.: I had just got home, ready to play some guitar using the effects on FL Studio, and when I went to plug in my quarter inch stereo audio cable into the line output of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen Audio Interface, powered by my computer via a USB Type-A Male to USB Type-C...
  4. What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 update killed my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update killed my keyboard.: So, me and my wife unfortunately own a windows 10 laptop. This laptop has been trying to force us to update for weeks, saying our version is going out of service. I have been avoiding this update, because I already know the headaches windows updates cause foreshadowing?....
  6. I think the win10 recovery utility killed my harddrive.

I think the win10 recovery utility killed my harddrive.: So I was having issues with my computer not booting up, and I used the automatic recovery utility that comes up when windows 10 fails to boot properly. Ran a ckcdsk and it replaced a bunch of files so I thought "cool maybe that was it" and booted up again. This time I got a...
  7. Windows 10 Forced Update Destroyed My Harddrive. And the best solution provided is now I...

Windows 10 Forced Update Destroyed My Harddrive. And the best solution provided is now I...: Case Number is 1516583654. Microsoft made an automatic update last Saturday, January 16, 2021 on my Surface Pro 6. The tablet restarted and the update was occurring. At some point during the update, it went to a blue screen that provided an error message and a QR code to...
  8. [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.: A few days ago I posted that my start menu suddenly stopped working. I didn't know the cause but the day it happened I'd used Ninite to update some software. I'd installed some older incompatible software before too so I thought that was the problem. Today I did a factory...
  9. Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive

Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive: Hi I spent hours on the phone with a pro-service rep from Dell. We tried every fix & nothing worked finally he said the hard drive is toast & they mailed me one but I was told they could not help me with the transfers. Yesterday I replaced the hard drive it came from Dell,...
  10. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

windows 10 updates killed my laptop: My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Harddrive do not show up on pc AFTER WINDOWS INSTALLATION NOT SHOWING UP IN DEVIOCE MAnager