Windows 10: Windows 10 Update laptop mouse and speed issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Update laptop mouse and speed issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Today my Asus X553M updated its self and took over an hour. The laptop is about 6 months old and I have never had any issues with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by felan2016, Sep 21, 2016.

1. felan2016 Win User

Windows 10 Update laptop mouse and speed issues

Hi everyone,

Today my Asus X553M updated its self and took over an hour. The laptop is about 6 months old and I have never had any issues with it before.

After the update I noticed the mouse was running fast and windows started to close when the mouse was hovering over the screen. I also noticed text was being highlighted and removed. All this only started after the update.

I really am worried because I don't know what is going on and why it's only started to happen but if anyone knows please do post. I have done a virus scan and nothing has showed.

:)

felan2016, Sep 21, 2016

2. stop cortana pop ups

HELP - the popups are random and constant, and making my laptop unusable!

I already turned off "Hey Cortana", reduced the mouse sensitivity, speed ... nothing helps

The issue started with the last Windows update.

I have a Lenovo Z70-80 model 80FG with a logitech wireless mouse

mariomdavirro, Sep 21, 2016
  3. TOSHIBA SATILLITE LAPTOP UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 NO TOUCH PAD COMPUTER VERY SLOW

UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP LOST TOUCH PAD .I UPDATED ALL DRIVERS ENABLED DEVICE ECT STILL NOTHING. WORKS FINE WITH REGULAR MOUSE. ALSO COMPUTER VERRRRY SLOW GOING ON LINE 1/4 SPEED IT WAS

brianbisbee, Sep 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Have you tried going into Control Panel and adjusting the mouse properties? There is no need to do a virus scan, because malware would not cause that problem, settings would be the issue.

bro67, Sep 21, 2016
  5. felan2016 Win User
    Hi,

Yes I have played with settings and still getting nowhere. The settings window keeps opening a lot. No viruses found.

Text being randomly highlighted, mouse hovering but clicking things without clicking. All this has only happened after the update.

If I click open new window it opens 2 windows. It's all went weird.

I can't do a system restore or I will lose everything and I should have made backups and haven't. It's just a nightmare really :/

felan2016, Sep 21, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    There is no need to do a system restore or scan for malware, since it is the mouse driver. If changing the Mouse settings in the Control panel is not working, then you will have to uninstall the driver in Device Manager, restart Windows and then it will install the best driver in the drivers folder.

If you are using a mouse that has extra settings other than the roller wheel, roller click, Left & Right Click. If you have not installed the software for that or have it installed. That can interfere. Same if you are using any type of wireless mouse, which RFI can interfere with it communicating with the USB dongle.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update laptop mouse and speed issues - Similar Threads - Update laptop mouse

2. Mouse speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse speed: I have an issue i have install windows10 on new drive i am lol player and every time i start a game my mouse speed keep changing and i have to go to the settings mouse and change cursor speed i did not have that issue before i have formatted my pc and change drive for...
  3. Mouse speed

Mouse speed: I was using my laptop and randomly my mouse speed slowed down tremendously. I was just watching a video, doing nothing else on my laptop. I changed all my mouse settings in windows to FAST, but about 5 seconds after I applied them It was slow again, can someone help?...
  4. Mouse Speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Speed: Hello, I've got a problem with mouse properties. I recently got a new mouse, and it has a really high sensitivity. So I've tried a couple different ways to change it to a slower speed, but it isn't working. When I change the speed in settings and mouse properties, it works...
  5. Windows 10 mouse speed

Windows 10 mouse speed: hi there, I seem to have to different 'places' for lack of a better term, in which I can modify my mouse settings. There's 'cursor speed' in mouse settings default seems to be 10? and pointer speed in pointer options the universal way and how I've managed windows mouse...
  6. SPEED ISSUE OF WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SPEED ISSUE OF WINDOWS 10: On 15 Feb 2019 I had purchased a Lenovo laptop preloaded with Windows 10. Even after periodical and several windows update computer is running at a low speed. Windows 10 seems to be not compatible with the configuration of this laptop. Moreover, it takes a huge time to update...
  7. Mouse Speed

Mouse Speed: My wireless mouse failed. I plugged in an old MicroSoft hard wired mouse and updated it. HOW DO I MAKE IT MOVE FASTER? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-speed/6866ee12-60a0-4b9f-b0db-3f27ef2bcb88
  8. Mouse speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse speed: For some time I've been using laptops with MWB's and for 8months I now use powerful towers. When scrolling to other PC, mouse speeds up?.. Yes, I have ticked >toher options>Move mouse relatively on one, either one or both, No go. Can anyone help? I have only just updated but...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary update Mouse issue

Windows 10 Anniversary update Mouse issue: Anyone else having issues after their Windows 10 anniversary update that the mouse scroll is insane?. already set it to move only 1 line, but doesn't seem to fix it... Kinda lost here All my programs 1 little scroll, makes things fly over the screen. Didn't have that...
  10. Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10 [img] Information You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. You can set the number of lines the screen will scroll for each notch of mouse wheel movement, or scroll an entire screen of text for each...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mouse speed issues