Windows 10: Windows 10 update loaded my Windows password

Discus and support Windows 10 update loaded my Windows password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I updated my Windows 10 OS in the middle of summer 2018 I have had problems that were annoying but manageable. Things including hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryanDube, Nov 18, 2018.

1. BryanDube Win User

Windows 10 update loaded my Windows password

Ever since I updated my Windows 10 OS in the middle of summer 2018 I have had problems that were annoying but manageable. Things including hardware that stopped working and my computer shutting down and restarting after going to blue screen. Very annoying and a little scary too but all these bugs became routine and almost expected to happen from time to time after having happened repeatedly a few times before. The latest problem caused by what I'm assuming is also the same Windows 10 update is not so manageable... It's no longer recognizes my Windows 10 logon password. I have not forgotten it because I have it written down and write it down every time I change it since Windows 10 seems to want you to change your password every four to six weeks.the good news is that all my important files and data are on my backup drive so it will be a simple thing for me to simply scrap my Windows 10 PC and take the advice of so many people around me who have been telling me for years that I should really scrap my PC and Microsoft Windows for a Mac computer.

I have been a faithful PC and Microsoft Windows user for about 25 years now and I've for the most part then fine was the experience that's Windows has been giving me over the years. But this latest turn of events is the last straw for me and I am definitely going to be going to Mac within the next few days

By the way, I've been reading up on this issue pretty much over the last few days and it would seem that I am not the only Windows user that has had this experience. And your forums are completely and totally useless when it comes to trying and resolve the solution because they all involves the user going into the administrator account and making password changes there that's hot. Which obviously you cannot do because you can't log into windows in the first place.

So farewell windows in PC I wish I could say that parting is such sweet sorrows but it most certainly is not.

:)

BryanDube, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update loaded my Windows password - Similar Threads - update loaded password

2. Windows update page not loading for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update page not loading for Windows 10: When I want to go and check my windows update I always get stuck on the white page and after some time it says that some error has occurred https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-not-loading-for-windows-10/6b123569-b6b5-4598-b465-7602ce57a40a
  3. Windows update page not loading for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update page not loading for Windows 10: When I want to go and check my windows update I always get stuck on the white page and after some time it says that some error has occurred https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-not-loading-for-windows-10/6b123569-b6b5-4598-b465-7602ce57a40a
  4. Windows 10 update with Windows 11 loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update with Windows 11 loaded: Why does my computer say I need to update Windows 10 when I restart? I already have Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-with-windows-11-loaded/b5009cfd-c58d-4496-895b-8d1dce88eb56
  5. My windows 10 update menu won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 update menu won't load: My windows 10 update menu take forever to load. When I Check the services app my windows update is disabled. So I turn it to automatic.But it won't help and loading still going forever, Then I check the services app again and it was disabled again. Please help....
  6. Windows 10 infinite loading screen and forgotten password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 infinite loading screen and forgotten password: Hi, recently I’ve had a problem with the windows “infinite loading screen problem”, where I’m stuck on a black loading screen whenever I start up my PC. I’ve fixed this issue in the past by using the windows automatic repair option and selecting my most recent system restore;...
  7. Windows update doesn't load Windows 10

Windows update doesn't load Windows 10: Hi My Windows Update doesn't load, it just shows me a white scree. I haven't been able to updated since 9/16/2019 please help Marcos Levy [ATTACH] [IMG]...
  8. Windows 10 didn't update my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 didn't update my password: Hey, I've changed my outlook password in mobile browser but window 10 on laptop didn't update it and I even didn't remember the last password I put on laptop. I tried every thing on laptop but window demands my password to perform action like PC reset etc. What to do?? I...
  9. Password on windows 10 update

Password on windows 10 update: For the last couple of months Windows has been trying to perform a major update. My computer seems to automatically restart in safe mode and ask for a password once the update is installed (I normally log in with a pin). Whatever password I enter I am told it is incorrect....
  10. Windows 10 Update Will Not Load

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Will Not Load: When I launch the settings and go to Update, it loads forever instead of opening the options. I have Googled to try to solve this issue but nothing has worked for me. I've tried running this diagnostic: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us...