Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the process of moving 5files from drivers c to e, MS began an update in the middle of the 3rd file transfer. The transfer froze and later dropped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonMcSteaming, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

In the process of moving 5files from drivers c to e, MS began an update in the middle of the 3rd file transfer. The transfer froze and later dropped through to a blue screen with only part of my desktop and my files were unavailable. I can no longer log into my computer despite having two MS accounts which advise nothing wrong. Rang MS for help on two occasions and all I got was "Sorry we can't hear you" after the initial conversion and they hang up. There is nothing wrong with my phone(was tested). Help anyone.

:)

DonMcSteaming, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Haksery Win User

Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

1. Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out - Similar Threads - Update Locked

2. Windows update caused crash and my data is locked by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update caused crash and my data is locked by BitLocker: My Dell laptop initiated an Windows update two days ago, and I could not turn on my laptop since then. A blue screen constantly shows up when the power is on, and requires me to enter a 48-bit BitLocker code to continue any fix process. However, I never set any BitLocker code...
  3. My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...: Hi I have did everything to stop the laptop to lock itself randomly. I do not know what else can be done because my window is updated fully , display adapter updated too and power options is set to never hence I do not know what else is causing this problem. I do not...
  4. Media overlay causes certain games to lock frames to 30 after KB5001649 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media overlay causes certain games to lock frames to 30 after KB5001649 update: Hi, after updating to the newest version of windows, when I use media keys on my keyboard when i'm playing a game, it causes my game to lock up at 30 fps until the overlay goes away. Before this update it was never doing this, does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried...
  5. Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update

Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update: I installed a Windows 10 update last night and now Windows will not boot up. I have tried accessing system restore by powering down during boot to take it back to before the update but I have it asks me for my account password which I had forgotten. I reset my account...
  6. Locked out of Laptop following update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Laptop following update: Hi ... following an update, I am locked out of laptop. I cant access the desktop at all and simply get a message asking me to change my security pin. My backup number to receive a code to reset is invalid and I have requested a secondary email contact replaces the existing...
  7. Since the last update the caps lock turns on automatically every time I click any key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since the last update the caps lock turns on automatically every time I click any key: Already set that option in keyboard settings to turn it off with shift, but it doesn't work because as soon as I press any letter key it turns back on. Now i have to hold shift to type normally.its a laptop btw KB4601319 is the update. submitted by /u/PaltryD [link]...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2 - causing my laptop to freeze and lock me out

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2 - causing my laptop to freeze and lock me out: The Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2 is causing me problems, it freezes my laptop and locks me out. When i did eventually get in, i looked under updates and saw it had loaded to 70 or 80% and stopped, it keeps doing this repeatedly anytime i switch on my laptop....
  9. free cell games locking up after update download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    free cell games locking up after update download: after recent update download, microsoft free cell games lock up and you cannot get off the computer without a hard shut down from power bar....
  10. Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker, that I'm not setup, lock my Dell computer after Windows update: Hi, After a recent Windows update, my Dell computer that I buy from official Diller was locked by BitLocker. I never set up it or store any keys. After that, I read a lot of posts about the same problem and imagine that BitLocker in new Windows is installed and enabled by...