Windows 10: windows 10 update locking me out of my computer twice with 2 diffrent harddrives

Discus and support windows 10 update locking me out of my computer twice with 2 diffrent harddrives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; this is the 2nd hard drive that has messed up. im very upset. i want it fixed. NOW!!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynnWallace4168, Jul 13, 2018.

1. windows 10 update locking me out of my computer twice with 2 diffrent harddrives

this is the 2nd hard drive that has messed up. im very upset. i want it fixed. NOW!!!!

:)

LynnWallace4168, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

windows 10 update locking me out of my computer twice with 2 diffrent harddrives

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 update locking me out of my computer twice with 2 diffrent harddrives

1. windows 10 update locking me out of my computer twice with 2 diffrent harddrives - Similar Threads - update locking computer

2. My Hp Computer repeatedly locked me out. Windows 10 updated.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Hp Computer repeatedly locked me out. Windows 10 updated.: Hello, I’ve been having some issues my PC. It is an Hp All-In-One Desktop-2H70OQ3, intel CORE i3 8th Gen, Windows 10.0.0. -hope that gives you a gist as I am not a windows guy. But I’ve had desktop computer for about 3 years and i have most of my medical work and...
  3. My Hp Computer repeatedly locked me out. Windows 10 updated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Hp Computer repeatedly locked me out. Windows 10 updated.: Hello, I’ve been having some issues my PC. It is an Hp All-In-One Desktop-2H70OQ3, intel CORE i3 8th Gen, Windows 10.0.0. -hope that gives you a gist as I am not a windows guy. But I’ve had desktop computer for about 3 years and i have most of my medical work and...
  4. My Hp Computer repeatedly locked me out. Windows 10 updated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer locked me out?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer locked me out?: I have not touched my computer at all and my password was working yesterday, but today when I enter my password it locks me out. It says my password is incorrect and I have typed it multiple times, checked the caps lock, and made sure it was correct but it still won’t let me...
  6. Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password: Every time I do the latest quality update, I go to sign in and the password says "not correct" and there are two users that I can sign in as. My actual computer password doesn't work for either of them. So then I go back and uninstall the latest update or restore my computer...
  7. Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason: So i was cleaning my computer earlier today and getting ready for backing it up with aomei backupper, and windows decided to add a password to my user account for some reason, without notifying me first. So i tried to sign in after booting my computer, and got a message...
  8. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  9. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....
  10. Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out: In the process of moving 5files from drivers c to e, MS began an update in the middle of the 3rd file transfer. The transfer froze and later dropped through to a blue screen with only part of my desktop and my files were unavailable. I can no longer log into my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is windows locking me out of nvidia