Windows 10: Windows 10 update lost power

Discus and support Windows 10 update lost power in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing an upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and lost power. when i try to reboot it comes up in bios with the error 'reboot and select proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonGilbert1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update lost power

I was doing an upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and lost power. when i try to reboot it comes up in bios with the error 'reboot and select proper boot device'. I have managed to get a copy of the windows 10 ISO installation file but it cannot find the C drive to install, HELP!!!

:)

JasonGilbert1, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Dec 29, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 update lost power

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update lost power

1. Windows 10 update lost power - Similar Threads - update lost power

2. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  3. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  4. After power up the bridge setting is lost in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After power up the bridge setting is lost in Windows 10: I try to share my WiFi Internet connection to provide a second computer.To do this I activated "sharing" in the WiFi adapter. Then I activated "Bridged Connections" in both the WiFi adapter and the Ethernet adapter. This worked fine, I had Internet on my second computer,...
  5. After power up the bridge setting is lost in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    After power up the bridge setting is lost in Windows 10: I try to share my WiFi Internet connection to provide a second computer.To do this I activated "sharing" in the WiFi adapter. Then I activated "Bridged Connections" in both the WiFi adapter and the Ethernet adapter. This worked fine, I had Internet on my second computer,...
  6. Lost power while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost power while updating: I lost power while KB5005565 was installing. It hadn't restarted yet, but was installing per the Windows Update window. Now I get an error every time it tries to install....
  7. PC lost power during update:

PC lost power during update:: Hello, I was updating my pc but during the update a somebody else came and shut it down without realising this would cause major issues. Im trying to update again, but the pc is now very slow and if after reinstalling the update it is still slow, is there a way to fix the...
  8. Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power: I had my PC in sleep mode, and someone tripped a breaker. The computer shut off, but nothing important was unsaved. No biggie. Unfortunately, Windows 10 64-bit home edition now thinks that my PC is a totally different computer; no hardware change, no other computers with the...
  9. I lost power on my laptop during windows 10 update

I lost power on my laptop during windows 10 update: Hi there, I recently saw a windows update for windows ten available for my laptop. (acer aspire s7) (please not that I had windows ten already installed, but the trial version) I decided that I would update it, but little did I know that my computer was on low power and I...
  10. Laptop Lost Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Lost Power: Hi I was using my Laptop, Dell Vostro 1000, and it shut down. I pushed the power button and nothing happened, so I did the following: Checked the wall outlet. Removed the battery and tried to power it up with the power adapter. Replaced the power adapter. Tried to power...