Windows 10: Windows 10 update made chrome and other browsers not responding or ended by task manager

Discus and support Windows 10 update made chrome and other browsers not responding or ended by task manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after the windows update, chrome and other browsers suddenly became not responding. i cant close them either by task manager or cmd. i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElusoryTomato44, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update made chrome and other browsers not responding or ended by task manager

So after the windows update, chrome and other browsers suddenly became not responding. i cant close them either by task manager or cmd. i have to restart my pc to disappear the opened tab of chrome. but that doesnt fix the issue cz as soon as i open chrome, it happens again. i installed windows 7 and chrome is working fine. its in windows 10 the problem lyes.

:)

ElusoryTomato44, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update made chrome and other browsers not responding or ended by task manager

"Shockwave Pulgin not responding" error message when browsing on Chrome or IE in Windows 10.

Hi Kenatingal,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access the browser with error:
    Shockwave Pulgin not responding, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you have tried to installed the flash player as suggested in the previous reply?
    • Does the same issue persists on Microsoft Edge as well?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Step 1: As you are facing issues with Internet Explorer, I suggest you to Reset Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Step 2: For issues with Google Chrome, I suggest you to uninstall the browser from Programs and features and reinstall it from the website. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Google Chrome
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Try to download Google Chrome from the below link using Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge:

Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update made chrome and other browsers not responding or ended by task manager

1. Windows 10 update made chrome and other browsers not responding or ended by task manager - Similar Threads - update made chrome

2. Task Manager Not Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Not Responding.: Adobe Support were unable to complete their work because Task Manager on Windows 11 kept giving error message "Task Manager Not Responding" and then hanging. Eventually contacted MS Support suggested I try a work around -"Perform SFC Scan & Repair Windows Image" but this...
  3. Task Manager Not Responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Not Responding.: Adobe Support were unable to complete their work because Task Manager on Windows 11 kept giving error message "Task Manager Not Responding" and then hanging. Eventually contacted MS Support suggested I try a work around -"Perform SFC Scan & Repair Windows Image" but this...
  4. task manager end process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager end process: I want to end antimalware service executable it has windows defender when i say end task it says access is denied and it can't happen. how do i gain access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-end-process/81d90273-6cff-47b6-8aaa-5c3dfc5a0dba
  5. End Tasks in Task manager Windows 10

End Tasks in Task manager Windows 10: Why in windows 10 can in not end any task / process using task manager that I would like. For example the Xbox bar. When I try to end the task it tells me that I cannot end the process. In previous versions of windows if I wanted to end a task I could. Now all of the...
  6. task manager not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager not responding: is it normal to have task manager not responding i am using windows since the old age of win 3.1 this is first time i have seen this error. 166423
  7. End Task Problem. Task Manager.

End Task Problem. Task Manager.: My dad was press the "end task" button and the all of the function (like speakers, search button etc) and opening documents doesn't work anymore. I tried to search some information about these problem but I don't understand very well what I have to do. Please help me to...
  8. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers: Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the error Err_connection_failed. In edge this problem comes under: hmmm... can t reached...
  9. Windows 10 updated yesterday and my Chrome Browser is not responding and slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated yesterday and my Chrome Browser is not responding and slow.: I updated the Windows 10 and now my chrome browser is not working. It is very slow and keeps becoming non-responsive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-updated-yesterday-and-my-chrome-browser/00610f4f-f4c0-4042-b93a-325b81e722ed
  10. Chrome browser Not Responding Message in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome browser Not Responding Message in Windows 10: Chrome has become unusable on my MS Surface Pro 8GB windows 10. Other browsers work fine: Mozilla, Edge. Chrome on other machines work fine. Internet connection is fine. I've removed all my extensions rather than just deactivate them. No video or audio webs being viewed. I...