Windows 10: Windows 10 update made my laptop crash

Discus and support Windows 10 update made my laptop crash in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm afraid to update now that I've had 2 crashes on Windows 10. Is it safe now, was the problem update corrected?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanesTan, Mar 11, 2020.

1. DanesTan Win User

Windows 10 update made my laptop crash

I'm afraid to update now that I've had 2 crashes on Windows 10. Is it safe now, was the problem update corrected?

:)

DanesTan, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 11, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update made my laptop crash - Similar Threads - update made laptop

2. the 22h preview update made my pc crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the 22h preview update made my pc crash: I downloaded and installed the 22h preview optional update and it made my pc crash. Everytime I try to get on the monitor says no signal. I have changed cables, cleaned inside and the boards, tried all the startup keyboard shortcuts and nothing has worked so far. I'll...
  3. the 22h preview update made my pc crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the 22h preview update made my pc crash: I downloaded and installed the 22h preview optional update and it made my pc crash. Everytime I try to get on the monitor says no signal. I have changed cables, cleaned inside and the boards, tried all the startup keyboard shortcuts and nothing has worked so far. I'll...
  4. the 22h preview update made my pc crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 update crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update crashed my laptop: Hi, whenever windows updates my pc it has issues since new, this time running win 10 home it updated critical files, shut down to restart and has not rebooted, it has lost drivers for display, keyboard, (modem - Like it always does) and another item I am yet to sort, Ive...
  6. Windows 10 update crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update crashed my laptop: Hi, whenever windows updates my pc it has issues since new, this time running win 10 home it updated critical files, shut down to restart and has not rebooted, it has lost drivers for display, keyboard, (modem - Like it always does) and another item I am yet to sort, Ive...
  7. After windows 10 update my laptop crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows 10 update my laptop crashed: I have never had any issues with Windows 10, best ever but since I updated my windows 10, September 2020 my HP laptop crashed so badly I cannot recover it even with a recovery USB drive! The screen is always black and there is no response when I log in....
  8. windows update crashed my laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows update crashed my laptop: ok sorry this is the rest of my question the 2nd error i got is driver IRQL not less or equal storahci.sys sorry about the split message Im old and shake alot please I need help...
  9. Hardware Error that made my laptop crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Error that made my laptop crash: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎13/‎08/‎2020 11:19 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: ab Parameter 1: 1 Parameter 2: c0 Parameter 3:...
  10. Roblox NEARLY Made Laptop Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Roblox NEARLY Made Laptop Crash: Hi. A bit of an unusual issue to give you today. I was opening Roblox to play with a friend of mine but the window on the Roblox Player file was all whyte. I closed it. Reopened it, the same happened, but when I closed it, my laptop looked and sounded as though it was going...