Windows 10: Windows 10 update may 2017 problem

Discus and support Windows 10 update may 2017 problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all New here so sorry if it's not in the right place I got a notification about the new update for my system and I decided to install it today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tomobwfc21, May 13, 2017.

1. Windows 10 update may 2017 problem

Hi all

New here so sorry if it's not in the right place

I got a notification about the new update for my system and I decided to install it today

On start up it began the install and went through 100% and turned off,

Now on start up it gets to the black screen with the blue windows logo but won't go any further than that,

Now is this it doing some more installing or is this an issue(photo attached)

Thanks
    Andy

Windows 10 update may 2017 problem [​IMG]

:)

Tomobwfc21, May 13, 2017
  2. User113 Win User

May 2017 Windows 10 Update (the "biggie") problem w/ Grub

So, I thought I would update this. Last night, after hitting the "reset" button numerous times and seeing the same results, and trying unsuccessfully to boot from the Windows Install DVD, I shut the machine off.

This morning I opened the case to see what the deal was with the optical drive. Turns out, when I replaced the motherboard two months ago, I connected the power cable to the BD Drive, but not the SATA cable. So I installed a SATA cable and decided to try
    again.

When I powered the machine up, I got the prompt to press any key to boot from the CD/DVD drive. Excellent. One problem down. The Windows Install DVD was still in there, so I decided to refrain from booting from the optical drive right yet, I figured I
    would try my Grub CD first. So I let it continue. To my surprise, the Grub menu screen came up! I selected Windows 10 and Windows came up like it should, saying "Installing Windows Updates 75%" The update process continued, the computer did not reboot
    again after that. Windows started with a sand dune picture (instead of the beach cave one), and then opened to the screen welcoming me to the "Creators Update".

I have no idea what inspired it to continue, as adding a SATA cable between the BD drive and the mobo shouldn't really have changed much, but this problem is over for now.

Thanks for all your consideration.

User113, May 13, 2017
  3. Ruz San Win User
    May 2017 Windows 10 Update (the "biggie") problem w/ Grub

Hi,

Since your concern involves a boot loader package that not many users here in Microsoft Answers forums may be very familiar with, we suggest posting on

this page
    to get suggestions from the IT Pro audience in TechNet. You can consult them to seek advanced steps which you can follow to correct your setup and allow the new Windows version to run with the other operating system on the PC.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 13, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

Windows 10 update may 2017 problem

Hi There

It can be a lengthy update depending on system specs.
    I have seen it take 30 minutes + to update.

How long has it been in this state?

Post back after a while with an update

HTH

jl2509, May 13, 2017
  5. Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I would say closer to an hour

I just thought it would have something there telling me it was actually doing something not just the windows logo?

But if this is normal I'm sorry for the wasted post

Thanks
    Andy

Tomobwfc21, May 13, 2017
  6. jl2509 Win User
    Hi

Try the following...
    Found this on a google search.

1 .Please remove all the external USB device connected to the computer and check if reboot loop stops.2. Disconnect all non-essential devices that might attached to your computer except keyboard and mouse, Windows setup might be trying to detect them.3. If you are connected to a network, disconnect from the network.

Reset the system or power off then restart.

HTH

jl2509, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update may 2017 problem

1. Windows 10 update may 2017 problem - Similar Threads - update may 2017

2. May Update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    May Update problems: Hi, I have already posted several times under another name but unfortunately, I have been unable to log in or notify anyone. Using regular login and password, but keep getting timed out saying wrong details. Maybe something to do with my original problem which I cannot find...
  3. A major problem with Windows 10 May 2020 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A major problem with Windows 10 May 2020 update.: Hey, so this is regarding the new May 2020 update not insider program the one that revolves around version 2004. Why are we going back is beyond my understanding. However, One major problem with this update is that some of the very important support applications like bang &...
  4. Windows 10 May 2019 Update Problem

Windows 10 May 2019 Update Problem: Calling all experts: I have twice installed the May 2019 1903 update (most recently on 7/20/19), and only one problem, as far as I can tell, is occurring. After the update, my desktop computer will restart Windows 10. But if I shut down the computer and turn it on again...
  5. Problem with the Windows 10 security update from October 2017

Problem with the Windows 10 security update from October 2017: I have a problem with the Windows 10 security update on laptop (the October 2017 security update). The C drive on my laptop is only 28.3gb altogether and it only came with 2gb free space. I have had it since May 2017. I do not save anything to the laptop, the only programme...
  6. Be Careful With The 9 May 2017 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Be Careful With The 9 May 2017 Update: Before you install the update released today (9 May) be careful and take precautions. It installed to my PC when I started it earlier, though I didn't know it. The PC had restarted and was stuck at the blue window start up screen, the little dots just happily spinning...
  7. Update from W7 still FREE (May 2017)

Update from W7 still FREE (May 2017): Hi there Before you BUY Windows 10 note : The FREE update from W7 to W10 is STILL working. (13 May 2017). Just done one and finished at 12.40 local time today. 1) download the media creation tool. 2) from within W7 run the setup 3) all done - and you'll see you...
  8. KB3150513 Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 - May 23, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    KB3150513 Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 - May 23, 2017: KB3150513 available via version 1607. No restart required. No details available from Microsoft yet, but possibly updated version of: Latest compatibility definition update for Windows You can also manually download from Microsoft Update Catalog. [img]...
  9. May 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    May 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2010 Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3128031) Update for Microsoft Outlook 2010 (KB3191906) Office 2013...
  10. May 2017 security update release

in Windows 10 News
    May 2017 security update release: Today, we released security updates to provide additional protections against malicious attackers. By default, Windows 10 receives these updates automatically, and for customers running previous versions, we recommend they turn on automatic updates as a best practice.More...