Windows 10: Windows 10 update messed up my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 update messed up my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system got an update and while I was shutting it down it installed that update. When I started my system next morning it configured my system to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TanujHooda, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update messed up my computer

My system got an update and while I was shutting it down it installed that update. When I started my system next morning it configured my system to the new update and as the system started, to my shock, everything was changed.

Right from the font style and size, everything was new. But the main problem is that anything I open does not open completely.

When I press f4, the shutdown windows appears half and no option of restart or shutdown is visible.

Same things with other applications as well.

What do I do?

I want my old system back.

:)

TanujHooda, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 update messed up my computer

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update messed up my computer

1. Windows 10 update messed up my computer - Similar Threads - update messed computer

2. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  3. windows update messes up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update messes up my computer: Hello,I accidentally hit update and shutdown, and it messes up my computer. My computer keeps shutting down automatically without me knowing why, earlier it restarted 5x in an hour and I'm not happy with it so I revert the upsares, but it won't help. I suddenly realize that...
  4. windows update messes up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update messes up my computer: Hello,I accidentally hit update and shutdown, and it messes up my computer. My computer keeps shutting down automatically without me knowing why, earlier it restarted 5x in an hour and I'm not happy with it so I revert the upsares, but it won't help. I suddenly realize that...
  5. Update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up my computer: After the latest update I woke up to find All but three Desktop icons and all my start menu Icons had disappeared,along with numerous programmes and apps not working, I spent a couple of days trying to rectify the problems, got one or two apps to work, then uninstalled the...
  6. Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.

Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.: Hi. There have not been windows updates for a while which is great because they always spell trouble, over two hours of trouble. The last update was Feb. 28, 2021. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. The last update took me four hours to fix. I had a account...
  7. Windows update messed up my computer

Windows update messed up my computer: I updated my computer 12-24-19 and ever since that update i am unable to drag windows such as a google chrome window from one screen to another with my mouse, i cant drag and move the applications on my desktop. I have checked all my drivers, ive cleaned ip my pc, I dont have...
  8. windows update messed up my computer

windows update messed up my computer: Windows 10 Home, version 1903, installed 7/19/2019, OS build 18362.239 Lost my video display settings and had to re-install video driver. Lost my audio settings (headphones, external audio amplifier). Took my about an hour to get it thanks to guidance from internet. Can...
  9. update messed up my computer

update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...
  10. windows 10 update messed up my computer

windows 10 update messed up my computer: someone please help me. windows 10 did a forced update on my desktop. now windows 10 will not load. preparing automatic repair stuck and will not go any further microsoft messed up my computer. i work from home. i need my computer fixed. why this happen to me?...