Windows 10: Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 update messed up my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryanneWacera, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select privacy settings which i did. However, it kept telling me to try again. This went on until i was advised to boot up on safe mode and uninstall the last update but no matter how many times i tried, that KB update wouldnt uninstall.

Then i was advised to do an automatic repair which did not work, system restore which failed because of no restore point. Basically nothing worked. Eventually my hp laptop started asking me for an administator password yet id never set up one. Now everytime switch on normally, i get the blue box asking me to selct privacy settings. When i try to boot up on safe mode, i get asked for an administrator password. Please help me. My laptop is basically useless right now.

:)

MaryanneWacera, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

1. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop - Similar Threads - update messed laptop

2. Windows 10 Updated messed up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated messed up.: Yesterday I had to update my pc, when I logged back in it said "We can't sign into your account" so it sent me to a temporarily profile. I couldn't find a solution then I kinda messed things up and I just made the temporarily account an administrator. This account uses my...
  3. Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.

Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.: Hi. There have not been windows updates for a while which is great because they always spell trouble, over two hours of trouble. The last update was Feb. 28, 2021. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. The last update took me four hours to fix. I had a account...
  4. Windows 10 update messed up my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up my settings: Today I was forced to update windows and the update ruined my settings. This is unacceptable. Please help me restore my computer to a useable state and not the mess of a state your update left it in. You should be ashamed....
  5. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop: Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps...
  6. 2004 update messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update messed up my laptop: I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games. Startup takes more time. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are...
  7. Windows Update - messed up laptop

Windows Update - messed up laptop: The latest update has totally destroyed my laptop. I have had 2 messages one about Sihost.Exe. The Main one is c://windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop tells me that desktop is missing. I can get into task manager and all my files and Desktop are there - but the...
  8. windows 10 update messed up my computer

windows 10 update messed up my computer: someone please help me. windows 10 did a forced update on my desktop. now windows 10 will not load. preparing automatic repair stuck and will not go any further microsoft messed up my computer. i work from home. i need my computer fixed. why this happen to me?...
  9. Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop

Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop: I'm not a savvy computer person. However, my basics are above average. I can't understand why I need to invest so much time (unsuccessfully) in bringing my laptop to function. After the recent update, my computer got messed up. It even deleted tons of stuff I have in it. I...
  10. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why has 10 screwed up my pcs sound system

2. windows 10 upgrade has messed up my laptop