Windows 10: Windows 10 update messed with my audio

Discus and support Windows 10 update messed with my audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so I installed the latest Windows 10 update, and immediately after my audio just stopped existing. I tried to troubleshoot it but it just told me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpaceCadet223, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update messed with my audio

so I installed the latest Windows 10 update, and immediately after my audio just stopped existing. I tried to troubleshoot it but it just told me that it couldn't find the problem. So I went to google and followed so many different google instructions on how to fix it. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the program. I uninstalled the drivers, then reinstalled an updated version of the drivers. Yet, windows keep telling me that the drivers/program don't exist. I've hard reset my computer, I've reinstalled the driver, I've tried to reconfigure the system so it'll recognize the drivers. At this point, I've done everything short of a complete system wipe factory reset and I would really, really rather not do that. Can somebody please help me? I've done everything I can/know how to do.

:)

SpaceCadet223, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 10, 2018
  4. tiendat Win User

Windows 10 update messed with my audio

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Windows 10 update messed with my audio :(.

tiendat, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update messed with my audio

1. Windows 10 update messed with my audio - Similar Threads - update messed audio

2. Windows Updates messing with audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates messing with audio: 3 Months ago my audio just stopped working after a update I turned audio enhancements off and problem was solved. 1 month ago my audio cut out again after a windows update and I spent 2 and a half hours trying to fix it on support chat, which solved the issued by system...
  3. Windows messes up my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows messes up my audio: So I have not found any help to my problem, after countless google and microsoft support searches. the problem: as an example, I like to watch youtube videos while I play like Cities: Skylines. I have auto play on in Youtube, on Chrome, after the video ends it comes to that...
  4. Windows messes up my audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows messes up my audio: So I have not found any help to my problem, after countless google and microsoft support searches. the problem: as an example, I like to watch youtube videos while I play a like Cities: Skylines. I have auto play on in Youtube, on Chrome, after the video ends it comes to...
  5. The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.

The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.: I thought it couldn't get worse but here we are. Windows kept asking me to update my os so I did, and my audio got stuttery and choppy so I had to rollback. Does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/zbikuuu [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows update messed my audio up

Windows update messed my audio up: So last night I did the windows update before getting off. Everything was working completely fine, my microphone, dac amp and headphones. Now my dac amp and microphone do not work anymore. I’m assuming the blame is to be put on the windows update as this has previously...
  7. Windows 10 update messed up voices in audio -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update messed up voices in audio -: I searched and couldn't find anything causing this. Then I went to Hearing --> Audio and set Turn on mono audio At least now I can watch streaming videos with voices. The issue has something to do with stereo. Happens on several machines and one updated before yesterday....
  8. My Windows Audio is a Mess

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows Audio is a Mess: I am having huge probelms with Windows 10 1909 Audio: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro vers 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363 This all worked great until about two weeks ago. I had not installed anything for a month or more prior. Speakers will stop making proper sounds and microphones will...
  9. Windows 10 update messed up audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up audio: My computer updated a few days ago and ever since the audio quality has quality has been bad. It lacks bass and sometimes theres too much high end. How can I fix this?...
  10. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Updates Mess up my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio driver messed wth my sound