Windows 10: windows 10 update messed with my settings

Discus and support windows 10 update messed with my settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! After I installed the Windows 10 update onto my ASUS computer, it reset all my programs and settings and wiped some preferences and data from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neha.Gupta_795, Oct 12, 2018.

1. windows 10 update messed with my settings

Hi! After I installed the Windows 10 update onto my ASUS computer, it reset all my programs and settings and wiped some preferences and data from my device.

I saw someone else post about this, the help received said it was 'unlikely' to have been caused by the update, however, the same thing just happened to me, therefore that 'unlikely' theory is incorrect.

How do I fix this, aside from resetting everything as it is extremely infuriating and inconvenient, as well as how do I prevent this from happening again?

This is my laptop for college. I can't lose files and data every time I update Windows 10, or gamble on which updates will install correctly and which will eat things. If I lose an assignment file, or files from my documents or anything go missing again, and I needed to hand that in- I can't begin to explain how angry I'd be. Might even turn off updates altogether.

Thanks.

:)

Neha.Gupta_795, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 12, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

windows 10 update messed with my settings

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 update messed with my settings

1. windows 10 update messed with my settings - Similar Threads - update messed settings

2. The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings: I have upgraded my Win10 to 20H2 (19042.867) and it messed up my customized settings. I reverted back to some settings but my touchpad and mouse scroll behavior is changed to scrolling to page up/page down. I could not fix this. The touchpad is Elan Smart-Pad. Any ideas?...
  3. Windows Update messed up camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update messed up camera settings: I recently did a Windows update and it somehow messed up my Sony a6000 camera settings. My camera runs smooth on its own screen, but the video lags on my computer. It doesnt look like its running at 60fps. I cant seem to find any camlink settings or video settings on my...
  4. Windows 10 update messed up my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up my settings: Today I was forced to update windows and the update ruined my settings. This is unacceptable. Please help me restore my computer to a useable state and not the mess of a state your update left it in. You should be ashamed....
  5. Did this update mess with my settings?

Did this update mess with my settings?: So this question is probably a little dumb but it's got me a bit paranoid so I'll ask it anyway. I installed the August 11th cumulative update today, and when my PC powered back on, it asked me stuff like if I wanted to keep my activity history in my microsoft account and...
  6. Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.: After update, Windows 10 messed up with my settings. I reported it with Hub, but this is serious problem, that affects my usage. First it reseted some of my software/driver settings: nVidia driver settings Creative ZX sound card settings Kaspersky AV settings. Second,...
  7. Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings

Windows 10 messes with my volume mixer settings: Every time I restart my computer, windows will reset system sounds and discord to 0. Even when I reset them back to default, it keeps putting them back. I'm on the latest version. submitted by /u/netherbawss235 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Updates - Why do they keep messing with my Settings!

Windows Updates - Why do they keep messing with my Settings!: Dear Windows programmers, When you publish an update to your operating system could you please, PLEASE do the following: 1> Ensure it wont change the Date and Time preferences on my computer. I use some older software that isn't all that savy about you date and time...
  9. Windows 10 update messed with my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update messed with my audio: so I installed the latest Windows 10 update, and immediately after my audio just stopped existing. I tried to troubleshoot it but it just told me that it couldn't find the problem. So I went to google and followed so many different google instructions on how to fix it. I...
  10. Updates messing with user setting

Updates messing with user setting: I've been complaining here for a long time about updates messing with my user settings (resetting things to default, adding unwanted keyboards etc.). Today, another update and guess what? My settings were reset yet again! Seriously? Stop messing with user settings you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update has screwed up my settings