Windows 10: Windows 10 Update messing up my wireless mouse

Discus and support Windows 10 Update messing up my wireless mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've seen this same problem posted from 3 years ago. I've had a wireless mouse almost as long as my laptop (7 years), so when it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SueMacKe, Jul 20, 2019.

1. SueMacKe Win User

Windows 10 Update messing up my wireless mouse

I've seen this same problem posted from 3 years ago. I've had a wireless mouse almost as long as my laptop (7 years), so when it started malfunctioning even with a freshly charged battery, and after verifying the drivers are up to date, I assumed the mouse had reached the end of its mouse life. I bought a new one and experienced the same problem. This just started within the last month or so. The cursor sometimes disappears, wanders around the page a little, sometimes responds correctly. I have a wireless keyboard with a touchpad, and that works fine, as does the touchpad on my laptop.

Please advise if there's a fix, or when Microsoft will be correcting the problem. Thanks!

:)

SueMacKe, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 Out stopped recognizing my wireless mouse

Hi,

Not recognized wireless mouse could be due to:

• Outdated Mouse driver.
    • Faulty or loose wireless mouse USB receiver.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried using your wireless mouse on other computer and check if it works?
    • Have you tried using other wireless mouse?
    • Have you tried updating your mouse drivers?

In the meantime, please refer to the initila troubleshooting steps provided by Eeshwat Kumar on this

link

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update messing up my wireless mouse - Similar Threads - Update messing wireless

2. Windows installation messing up the wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation messing up the wireless adapter: I don't know what to do anymore. I bought an MSI modern 15 laptop that didn't come with an OS because I always install them myself.As per usual, during the installation process, I had problems in the partition selection part. This time I had the same issue as this post:ISSUE...
  3. Windows installation messing up the wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation messing up the wireless adapter: I don't know what to do anymore. I bought an MSI modern 15 laptop that didn't come with an OS because I always install them myself.As per usual, during the installation process, I had problems in the partition selection part. This time I had the same issue as this post:ISSUE...
  4. Precision Mouse Messing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Precision Mouse Messing Up: My Microsoft Precision Bluetooth mouse is not working properly when using the Bluetooth. When I use it on my PC and my Surface Pro the pointer will just stop for a few seconds and then move again. It just freezes for 3-5 seconds which is irritating because the only way I can...
  5. Windows 10 Updated messed up.

Windows 10 Updated messed up.: Yesterday I had to update my pc, when I logged back in it said "We can't sign into your account" so it sent me to a temporarily profile. I couldn't find a solution then I kinda messed things up and I just made the temporarily account an administrator. This account uses my...
  6. Windows 21H1 update has messed up my Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 21H1 update has messed up my Wireless Adapter: Hello,I am running W10 on a desktop PC, and I use a Wireless Wifi/BT USB Adapter EZC-5300.I just tried to install the optionnal update called 21H1. When it finished I rebooted and then, I noticed I couldn't connect to the internet anymore. I checked available WiFi Networks ,...
  7. The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows 10 update messed up my mouse/touchpad settings: I have upgraded my Win10 to 20H2 (19042.867) and it messed up my customized settings. I reverted back to some settings but my touchpad and mouse scroll behavior is changed to scrolling to page up/page down. I could not fix this. The touchpad is Elan Smart-Pad. Any ideas?...
  8. mouse scrolling messed up after windows 10 update

mouse scrolling messed up after windows 10 update: When I updated my Windows 10 home version in Feb 2021, I found that scrolling of my mouse became very jumpy. I tried everything: unistall and reinstall the drive, reboot the computer. However, nothing worked. Then, I found the latest update in March and updated to it hoping...
  9. Mouse is messed up

Mouse is messed up: Hi, my cursor is having and issue of no matter much i move it up down left right it keeps resetting to the same position, on the task bar between the middle and edge of my monitor. I am able to right click left click but the cursor just keeps going back to the same position....
  10. Mouse messing up

Mouse messing up: For the last couple of months my usb mouse has been messing up. In the device manager under mice there are 2 HID-compliant mouse. If I don't disable 1 of them, the curser either moves sideways or up by itself. Yesterday I uninstalled the drivers and then plugged back in the...