Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - Need to file a formal complaint

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - Need to file a formal complaint in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To say I am aggravated is a gross understatement. I was using my computer this past weekend and when I was done, I allowed it to install the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SherriKorker, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update - Need to file a formal complaint

To say I am aggravated is a gross understatement. I was using my computer this past weekend and when I was done, I allowed it to install the latest update. I have windows 10. When it tried to install the update and restart, the computer completely froze. Control - Alt - Delete didn't work. Holding the power button down didn't work. It would not power down, reboot, nothing. The fan wouldn't shut off either. So I unplugged it so the battery would run down and it would shut off. Finally it ran down and powered off. I let it sit off for a couple of hours just in case it was too hot inside, but the computer never felt hot. I was being cautious. After a couple of hours I plugged it in to let it recharge and I powered it on. Well......the light under the key pad comes on, but nothing else. I tried hitting the Num. lock and Cap lock to see if the indicator light came on. It did not and the screen is black. I tried a hard reboot several times, nothing. So I m working on a BIG event and all my data is now unavailable to me. I am trying to have a friend attempt to pull my data off the hard drive because to bring it to a shop for data retrieval would cost more than the computer. I was stupid because I hadn't yet backed up that data. However, the fact is.....the update should not have fried the computer. I ordered a new computer and now have to attempt to retrieve my data.....of course Microsoft has the market in operating systems! YET...you cant get a phone number or address to a complaint escalation or problem resolution team to help you. The support line goes to another country and they keep telling me to recover the Windows 10 and they don't get that the computer wont turn on so you cant go through the recovery process. IT WONT TURN ON. So the supervisor gets on the phone to go through the same conversation....Do they not understand that the update fried my computer. I hung up on the person....totally crazy. Can anyone give me a number or address to complain about this? Its costing me a lot of money because of a bug in their update. I am ready to go on a social media campaign to complain about Microsoft.

:)

SherriKorker, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2019
  3. tvanrik Win User
    Making a formal complaint against Microsoft

I want to file a formal complaint against Microsoft. When I agreed to allow MS Updates to make changes to my computer, I was only allowing it to make changes to MS Windows. I did not give them permission to delete my photos, documents, and paid programs.
    I am furious. I have lost photos of my deceased mother, deceased nephew and other deceased family members. Irreplaceable photos. Programs that I paid for were removed and are not able to be replaced from the list of removed programs. It would not restore to
    the point where they were removed and the available restore point would not even work. Where does Microsoft get off thinking they have a right to remove my programs and delete my personal photos and documents.

tvanrik, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update - Need to file a formal complaint

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update - Need to file a formal complaint

1. Windows 10 Update - Need to file a formal complaint - Similar Threads - Update Need file

2. formal complaint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    formal complaint: i cannot add an alias email I keep receiving the following message for three days now: there's a temporary problem with the service . please try again later if you continue to get this message try again later. i need to access my Hotmail account storage is full and i cannot...
  3. formal complaint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    formal complaint: i cannot add an alias email I keep receiving the following message for three days now: there's a temporary problem with the service . please try again later if you continue to get this message try again later. i need to access my Hotmail account storage is full and i cannot...
  4. Formal Complaint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formal Complaint: Regarding Case #1047672612On Sunday 25 December 2022, I received an email from SOURABH Microsoft claiming I could not be contacted over the phone. I never received any attempted contact and find this very upsetting.The case has not been resolved. I want to know urgently why...
  5. Formal Complaint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formal Complaint: Regarding Case #1047672612On Sunday 25 December 2022, I received an email from SOURABH Microsoft claiming I could not be contacted over the phone. I never received any attempted contact and find this very upsetting.The case has not been resolved. I want to know urgently why...
  6. FILE A COMPLAINT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FILE A COMPLAINT: Does anyone know how I can file a complaint against Microsoft? I can’t find a legit phone number to voice my concerns with a live agent. I have sent direct messages via FB and Twitter, sent email messages and provided survey feedback, in an effort to voice my concerns.I would...
  7. Windows 10 update complaints

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update complaints: So an essential Windows update automatically installed & totally destroyed my awesome little laptop over 8 weeks ago now. Spent weeks talking to 5 or 6 MS support workers who basically gave me linksdescribing 10 fool proof methods to fixing this problem - Not one of which...
  8. Formal complaint body

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Formal complaint body: Is there a formal complaint body I can contact against Microsoft? Microsoft support has been utterly garbage. I have contacted them over 5 times and this has not been resolved. I had a refund processed against a closed bank account. I have contacted the bank and they cannot...
  9. HOW DO I MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT: HOW DO I MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT? I have searched extensively on how to make a complaint to this company (Windows, Microsoft and anything in between). I've seen countless questions on it but have been continued to only to redirection. NO ACTUAL ANSWERS TO THE PROBLEM. I am...
  10. Formal Complaint for Microsoft Customer Care.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formal Complaint for Microsoft Customer Care.: I have spent over an hour with Microsoft support being transferred back and forth between departments. I had a simply issue with connecting a new xbox one controller to my PC via bluetooth. I jumped to so many hoops to verify my email and the code sent to my email. Not one...