Windows 10: Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

Discus and support Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue. In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jaynewton, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Jaynewton Win User

Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing updates from being installed.

I tried to uninstall VirtualBox. I opened the control panel--> Programs and Features. But there was no VirtualBox in the list. I opened the Task Manager. There was no VirtualBox there either. Why does Windows 10 Update keep sending me that message when there is no VirtualBox in my PC? What should I do?

I would like to thank in advance whoever that can help me with this issue.
    I don't know if I would get a notice to my email box when someone offers the help.

:)

Jaynewton, Mar 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?

This started about 3 updates of Windows 10 Insider Preview. I try to update and it downloads and tried to install. Always gets to 35% and it complains about Virtual Box. It suggests to manually uninstall. I don't even remember of having VirtualBox on this
    machine, but OK. I did an uninstall and even used one of the uninstall programs to try to remove traces. FINALLY, I even manually went through with RegEdit and removed every single mention of VirtualBox. STILL no joy. Won't let me install the latest Insider
    Previews. Anybody else experience? Anybody have a solution? Currently "stuck" on Build 20201.rs_prelease.200822-1922. Since then, with every newest Build, exact same problem. HELP!

not a newbie, Mar 15, 2021
  3. fail update windows 10 1903 version because virtualbox

Im using windows 10 professional, recently fail to get update and receive this message

I have manually uninstalled virtualbox, but I cant find it in uninstalled menu

robertussigit, Mar 15, 2021
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox - Similar Threads - update needs manually

2. Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2: Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-manually-uninstall-virtualbox-during-update/3eef8e52-d6bb-4a17-a540-197e586e418c
  3. Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2: Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-manually-uninstall-virtualbox-during-update/3eef8e52-d6bb-4a17-a540-197e586e418c
  4. Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox

Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox: Hi, I'm trying to update to the latest windows 10 update 20H2 or whatever it's called but when I try to it says something like this "This program is outdated, please uninstall". I don't have virtualbox installed at the moment and I've tried AppRPS but it doesn't give a DIR...
  6. Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox

Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox: Hello, the app keeps asking me to uninstall VB when i don't have it installed anymore, i have already tried to check the registry but i can't seem to find it and also i've used the AppRPS but it shows 12 empty instances of this:...
  7. Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue. In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing...
  8. cannot update windows 10 because of virtualbox need to be uninstalled

cannot update windows 10 because of virtualbox need to be uninstalled: i have problem here i cant update to windows 20H2 because of this virtual box. i have try the solution on the page Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.” i saw 23 file but i cant find any of them have true value on the step 4....
  9. Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...

Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...: Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox found in my PC. How should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-manually-uninstall-virtualbox-for-update/b5563afc-3fde-4857-a06b-df3e80b22a62
  10. VirtualBox not installed but Windows Update requires me to uninstall it before security...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VirtualBox not installed but Windows Update requires me to uninstall it before security...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GreenAlien10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmxzz1/virtualbox_not_installed_but_windows_update/