Windows 10: Windows 10 Update [newest] makes me unable to login into my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Update [newest] makes me unable to login into my computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey community, i am new here and i am pretty unsure about what to do next. Normally i would say, i'm into this technical stuff , but i definitly... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Danny.09, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Danny.09 Win User

Windows 10 Update [newest] makes me unable to login into my computer

Hey community,

i am new here and i am pretty unsure about what to do next.

Normally i would say, i'm into this technical stuff , but i definitly need your help, guys.

So in the morning i was a bit stressed and turned on my computer as always.. as suddenly i came to the screen that several updates need to be completed.

So i was waiting for the updates to finish about 15 minutes and then had back the full control of my computer.

Nothing special until now.

In the afternoon i needed to work on my computer again, so i turned it on and came up to the point where i can see the nature background graphic screen and on it the timezone, time etc. (standard settings)

If everything would be fine, you could click any key to get to the login screen. I did so, but nothing happened.

Time + timezone vanished and all i could see was this nature background and nothing else for about 5 minutes, then it was sliding back to where i came from. i tried it several times, restarted for about 10 times and tried to reset it with the reset point. nothing worked for me.

I FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION ALREADY!! but I'm unsure about the fact that this came up for no reason and i still don't know why?!

One thread on microsoft forums, published in 2018, said, that there might be a problem with an usb storage, so i unplugged everything i don't need and was waiting for my computer to do something in the background. (the threadowner speculated about this.. and got 25 upvotes).

The waiting stuff worked for me, even it took me about 15 minutes to let me log into my account. now I'm here and wanted to tell the guys, who might end up here, that this one could work for you too??

Solution (with password login) :

1. turn on pc until it shows you the background scenery and on it the time.

2. press any key to get to the login screen

3. normally it would let you type in your password but it will get stuck within the background picture.

4. Wait...

5. Wait....

6. And if it gets you back to Step 1, try again. (for some reason it took me 6 times before it finally worked out for me)

7. Now you can login and the computer will run fine. (but do not restart now, it will get you the same mistakes as you got before.

8. Type in your searchbar (Cortana) on bottom left "Windows Defender Security Center" - it might suggest you the Windows App

9. Now it shows you several settings such as firewall status or account safety or Health Check "device integrity and performance"

10. in the last point mentioned "integrity.." it shows me "X" instead of a green checkmark.

11. I Could click it and Windows got me to the problem solution part.

12. It says an app wouldn't work properly so that windows can't run normally. (you will get automatically to the point where it lets you delete these app or at least the settings in this app.

13. in another thread someone mentioned an external usb storage was the problem (failed the health check and windows didn't load on)

14. IT WORKS FOR ME ATM but if i get any problems or solutions i'll let you know.

So besides the fact it works for me again, i would like to know, what you think about this problems? Why are they occuring now after an update, why not before? And what can i do to pretend this stuff, i created restore points, so i won't loose data and can reset the computer easily, but still they won't work for me somehow..

Any Ideas? Windows 10 Update [newest] makes me unable to login into my computer :)

:)

Danny.09, Apr 10, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update [newest] makes me unable to login into my computer

Unable to login to the desktop on Windows 10.

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are unable to access the desktop as you got stuck on the login page. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Since you are unable to by pass the login page, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and perform a startup repair.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media
    creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings
    and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically. Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option
      key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup repair.
    Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the startup. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update [newest] makes me unable to login into my computer

1. Windows 10 Update [newest] makes me unable to login into my computer - Similar Threads - Update newest makes

2. Windows update makes my computer unable to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update makes my computer unable to connect to the internet: My computer had been constantly pestering me about how windows has an update available. I finally caved a couple days ago because the update would leave me computer unable to sleep or hibernate. I let it update and shutdown and when I woke up the next morning my computer was...
  3. Windows update makes my computer unable to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update makes my computer unable to connect to the internet: My computer had been constantly pestering me about how windows has an update available. I finally caved a couple days ago because the update would leave me computer unable to sleep or hibernate. I let it update and shutdown and when I woke up the next morning my computer was...
  4. Windows update makes my computer unable to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Newest Windows update has completely bricked my computer. Is there any hope for me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Windows update has completely bricked my computer. Is there any hope for me?: Hello, I am desperate for help. Microsoft "support" has told has no known solution. Thank youIssue:Since the latest Windows update, my computer will not turn on.When attempting to power on, I receive the following error:"Boot Error: Couldn't find a bootable operating system....
  6. Newest Windows update has completely bricked my computer. Is there any hope for me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows update has completely bricked my computer. Is there any hope for me?: Hello, I am desperate for help. Microsoft "support" has told has no known solution. Thank youIssue:Since the latest Windows update, my computer will not turn on.When attempting to power on, I receive the following error:"Boot Error: Couldn't find a bootable operating system....
  7. Windows 10 newest update!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 newest update!!!: This new update has shut down my letter "m" and is messing everything up onmy computer. What can I do to stop this. I have to keep uninstalling it and it keeps happening. HELP!!!! I read a while ago that it messes up Lenovo brand computers and im not sure what to do. This is...
  8. Newest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest windows 10 update.: I just put the newest update in and now my USB drives don't work on my computer. I can't get on at all. It boots up and I can't use my mouse or keyboard. Please help....
  9. Updating the newest Window 10

Updating the newest Window 10: When I tried to update to the newest Window 10 this is what I got: The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your Windows settings, personal files and apps. X Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) The inbox storage driver...
  10. windows 10 newest update

windows 10 newest update: how do install it and where can I download it from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-newest-update/d82903c5-f0e4-4fda-ab59-c7bfff840301