Windows 10: Windows 10 update no sound

Discus and support Windows 10 update no sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No sound after Window 10 update on PC, can't go back to an earlier time as update is older than 10 days. Tried a few remedies with no luck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by graham and lisa pinkney, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Windows 10 update no sound

No sound after Window 10 update on PC, can't go back to an earlier time as update is older than 10 days. Tried a few remedies with no luck

:)

graham and lisa pinkney, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 6, 2022
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update no sound

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 update no sound

1. Windows 10 update no sound - Similar Threads - update sound

2. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  3. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  4. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  5. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  6. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.: After this new update KB5034843 my HP laptop has no sound at all, I tried updating and uninstalling sound drivers those did not help. The worst part the bluetooth icon is missing now. Oh and my keyboard settings have changed, the @ button has now became the inverted commas...
  8. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.: After this new update KB5034843 my HP laptop has no sound at all, I tried updating and uninstalling sound drivers those did not help. The worst part the bluetooth icon is missing now. Oh and my keyboard settings have changed, the @ button has now became the inverted commas...
  9. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

10. Sound stops working after every Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops working after every Windows 10 update: I have checked: update, up to date, sound device drivers, latest is installed. Using Windows 10 Enterprise on an Hp Elite Desk. Why does this keep happening?***moved from Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10***...