Windows 10: Windows 10 update - not enough space to update

Discus and support Windows 10 update - not enough space to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't install Windows 10 Update due to lack of space on c drive. I've tried removing things I don't need, but its not enough. Windows Support says I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KristaDerksen, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update - not enough space to update

I can't install Windows 10 Update due to lack of space on c drive. I've tried removing things I don't need, but its not enough. Windows Support says I can install the update using an external storage device, but that doesn't come up as an option.

:)

KristaDerksen, Sep 9, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 9, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 9, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 update - not enough space to update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update - not enough space to update

1. Windows 10 update - not enough space to update - Similar Threads - update enough space

2. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  3. Update - Not enough space

Update - Not enough space: trying to install updates. Get message "Not enough space" need 1.6 GB. Added external drive to create space 11.4 GB. Stilltries to "make space" does not recognize available space on external drive....
  4. Not enough disk space to update windows 10

Not enough disk space to update windows 10: I am trying to update to windows 10 on a laptop with 32GB and I keep getting the not enough disk space error. Several articles and forums talk about a button that gives you the option to use an external drive, but the Windows 10 update assistant doesn't have that button. It...
  5. not enough space for new update

not enough space for new update: My nephew has an Acer Aspire, running on window 10 S, this is now wanting to update, but the system is saying there is not enough space on the C drive to this, we have done the usual clearing and even removed all his installed stuff, so looking in the laptop, there is nothing...
  6. not enough space for latest windows 10 update

not enough space for latest windows 10 update: I read a lot of comments in a lot of chats since 2015! Some very technical however, I do not see any MSFT support here. Sure, how to create space however, my daughter´s PC has 2GB left but needs a 30GB windows update. Who is the amazing person that decided that? How can...
  7. UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE

UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE: Good Morning and Happy Holidays Everyone I am trying to update my Lpetop unfortunaly I need to free up space on my C: Drive, But I don't know how to do this, I have on my storage usage System and Reserve 11.5 GB Apps and Games 1.7 GB Other 14.4I...
  8. not enough space to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not enough space to update: I have removed all files on to a thumb drive and I still do not have enough space to perform an update on my surface. I have deleted every program that is not required. How can perform the update?...
  9. Not enough space to update Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not enough space to update Win10: I have a Zotac Zbox with a 28GB hard-drive. I haven't used it in 10 months (I only use it when traveling), and I'm trying to download/install all Win10 updates. Since the PC hasn't been powered up in so long, it's quite a lot of updates, apparently. The problem is, Windows...
  10. Not enough space to update Win10

Not enough space to update Win10: I have a Zotac Zbox with a 28GB hard-drive. I haven't used it in 10 months (I only use it when traveling), and I'm trying to download/install all Win10 updates. Since the PC hasn't been powered up in so long, it's quite a lot of updates, apparently. The problem is, Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not enough space to update windows 10

2. windows 10 not enough space to update

3. windows not enough space to update

4. windows 10 not enogh space to update,
  5. indows 10 does not have enough space to update,
  6. tablet windows 10 update storage failed how to stop nullify