Windows 10: Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic

Discus and support Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 with iTunes (latest version) 12.8.0.150) will not recognize my IPOD 160GB Classic all of a sudden. It is recognized on all my Apple devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bob WW, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Bob WW Win User

Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic

Windows 10 with iTunes (latest version) 12.8.0.150) will not recognize my IPOD 160GB Classic all of a sudden. It is recognized on all my Apple devices with no problems.

Apple señor advisor states that she has had a number of calls in this regard recently. You can't restore the IPOD or format it on Windows 10.

Again, no problem on an Apple device

:)

Bob WW, Sep 12, 2018
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Ipod classic Device not recognized

I just bought a used ipod classic 20gb. When I connect it to my computer, I get an error message "USB Device not recognized". I know that it is not a driver, or an itunes issue, because my ipod connects just fine. I want to troubleshoot this before setting
    up a return with the ebay seller. Thank you in advance for any help.

StevenSlagle, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic

Ipod not recognized

Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed?

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers

Do you see the iPod listed there?

Is this a classic iPod or an iPod Touch?

Here is a thread with some troubleshooting steps that might be useful:

Itunes does not recognized ipod classic w… - Apple Community

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic

1. Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic - Similar Threads - update recognizing iPod

2. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  3. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  4. Device iPod not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device iPod not recognized: In Windows Media Player, my iPod is not recognized. I've tried going to Groove Music to get music to my iPod as well and that doesn't give me an option either. The Windows 10 computer i'm on does show a device for iPod, but just not in Wind media player....
  5. iPod Classic Causing BSOD

iPod Classic Causing BSOD: Hi, I have an old iPod classic that I still use for music. I have the latest version of Windows 10, the latest version of iTunes, and the latest drivers installed for my iPod. When I plug it in to charge or sync music, it causes a BSOD, with an error code of "memory...
  6. iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod: Please help me to fix this issue. Do I have to install the driver to help iPod connect with iTunes on Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-doesnt-recognize-my-classic-ipod/7fa8a3b4-720c-40b0-8ad1-2e54b1fcbd83
  7. Classic IPod not recognized by ITunes on Windows 10 platform. Used to work fine back on...

Classic IPod not recognized by ITunes on Windows 10 platform. Used to work fine back on...: How can I get a driver to allow Classic iPod to communicate with iTunes on Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-ipod-not-recognized-by-itunes-on-windows/94e4a1f2-b377-4841-b49c-9a512271df27
  8. iPod is not recognized

in Windows 10 Customization
    iPod is not recognized: I have a problem with iPod recognition because my PC doesn’t see it. iCloud is also not working on iTune. It asks to enter the password? Which is not recognized when I enter it....
  9. Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working

Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working: I have a older Ipod classic 160 GB - with my music/ podcasts- it worked / updated when I connected it to the computer - in I tunes-now with the up grade - it does not recognize the iPOD says the USB will not work. My drivers are up tp date Any solution - did the...
  10. Ipod not recognized

Ipod not recognized: My Ipod is currently not recognized, something has changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ipod-not-recognized/0c1cdc2a-ed28-421d-9d3b-67a78e37fc95

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont recognise ipod classic

2. windows 10 does not recognized ipod classic

3. winows 10 wont recognise ipod classic

4. windows 10 doesnt recognize old ipod classic,
  5. ipod not recognized windows10,
  6. ipod classic windows 10 support,
  7. windows 10 not recognising ipod classic,
  8. windows 10 doesnt recognize ipod classic 6th generation,
  9. ipod classic not recognized windows 10,
  10. drive not recognised windows 10 ipod classic,
  11. ipod classic not recognized by pc,