Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Nov 2020: Wireless Mouse and Touch Screen stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Nov 2020: Wireless Mouse and Touch Screen stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Simple fix: 1. Open Device Manager 2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers Left Click Arrow on the far Left 3. Right click USB Root Hub USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mike McGahey, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Nov 2020: Wireless Mouse and Touch Screen stopped working

Simple fix:

1. Open Device Manager

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers Left Click Arrow on the far Left

3. Right click USB Root Hub USB 3.0

4. Click Enable

5. Check the other listed options in the list and Click Enable if that is shown for any.

This fixed my wireless mouse and touch screen that stopped working after I did the Windows 10 updates in November 2020.

Windows 10 Update Nov 2020: Wireless Mouse and Touch Screen stopped working 46c8b488-a784-446b-8168-8139bad0466c?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mike McGahey, Nov 11, 2020

2. No touch or wireless mouse works.

My friend has Microsoft 10 in a HP computer. She can get signed in but no further since neither her touch mouse or wireless mouse work. Any suggestions?

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10

JudithBowers, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 Update Nov 2020: Wireless Mouse and Touch Screen stopped working

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Nov 2020: Wireless Mouse and Touch Screen stopped working

1. Windows 10 Update Nov 2020: Wireless Mouse and Touch Screen stopped working - Similar Threads - Update Nov 2020

2. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse stopped working: I have a logitech M325 mouse/keyboard that was working fine. I plugged it into another computer with no issues, but when I plugged it back into my computer the mouse and keyboard no longer work. When I plug in the adapter the computer makes a noise which i think means that it...
  3. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless mouse stopped working: I have a logitech M325 mouse/keyboard that was working fine. I plugged it into another computer with no issues, but when I plugged it back into my computer the mouse and keyboard no longer work. When I plug in the adapter the computer makes a noise which i think means that it...
  4. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse stopped working: My HID-compliant USB wireless mouse ran out of battery. Since I replaced the battery, the computer recognizes the device but the mouse doesnt respond. I have tried installing driver updates for the computer and the mouse. I only have one port so cant try plugging it into...
  6. Wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse stopped working: My HID-compliant USB wireless mouse ran out of battery. Since I replaced the battery, the computer recognizes the device but the mouse doesnt respond. I have tried installing driver updates for the computer and the mouse. I only have one port so cant try plugging it into...
  7. Wireless mouse stopped working

8. Wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless mouse stopped working: My wireless logiteck mouse has suddenly stopped working. Replaced batteries, checked usb port, there is only one, used multiple usb device, tried a Microsoft wireless mouse too. Nothing worked. There is no arrow on the screen. HELP please. Using on a 2017 Microsoft Surface....
  9. Wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless mouse stopped working: Hi My Logik wireless mouse stopped working a few weeks ago. I thought it was the battery but after buying new ones have found it still will not work. I have tried all the things I know. Can anyone help? Has a recent update to my laptop caused it and if so what do I need to...
  10. wireless mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wireless mouse stopped working: mouse stopped working - bought new one, same problem. Light turns on but stays lit for ten seconds only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-stopped-working/3ba99e13-093d-4300-9a55-14e2ca7613f5