Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was up dating MS windows 10. For some reason now my laptop will not except password to start up the laptop. On the lower right hand side there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pgutierrez1955, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet

I was up dating MS windows 10. For some reason now my laptop will not except password to start up the laptop. On the lower right hand side there are three buttons the far right one is the on off re start button, middle is ease of access, left has a red X and when I press it it shows it is on airplane mode. This prevents me from going onto Wi-Fi to try password recovery options. When I try to connect via hard wire to my router, I still cant Get to internet for password recovery.

I have tried F2 start ups, gets me to a dell set up utility page main, advanced, security, boot, exit. In the securities tab, I typed in admin what is the password for current password etc. etc.

Then I tried to restart holding down the shift key It gets me to consecutive operating systems areas, and #1 - first screen says enter current password, set the admin.

#2 - second screen reads “harddisk security”. SATA Port O, ST1000LM035–1 RK172 thrn enter password admin.

then laptop reboots, gets to the start up login screen where the username and password start up and again the three buttons on the lower right hand screen. I still can’t get to the Internet to do a password recovery. I tried the Microsoft call back line and it said they would call me back in four minutes. After waiting more thsn one hour, I quit.

Microsoft - pkease CALL ME!

:)

pgutierrez1955, Apr 23, 2020
  2. hammer280 Win User

Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection

Well after reverting back to Win 8.1 then upgrading back to windows 10 pro... I still get the same issue. The bluescreens stopped, and everything runs much better... But, windows update STILL wont recognize that I am connected to the internet!!!!!!! D:<

This never happened back in January when I initially installed windows 10 onto my computer. It worked a couple of times. Then ever since one update in February it hasnt worked since. Can I manually download and install them? Because I feel like my windows 10 experience would be much more satisfactory if it were up to date...

hammer280, Apr 23, 2020
  3. hammer280 Win User
    Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection

Okay, I have literally searched on and off for a solution to this issue for roughly 2-3 months now and I am finally breaking down and asking someone with superior Windows 10 knowledge to help me. Because, I desperately need it.
    Let me take a moment to introduce myself to (what seems to be) a wonderful collection of Windows knowledge -- I'm Joey Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet :)
    I have countless hours of experience with windows. As I'm sure you all do, but I was writing programs when I was 7 years old. So, it was extremely humbling of me to ask for help on this SILLY STUPID issue.

So, here it is:

When I first upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1; I loved it. & not to get me wrong, I still do. But, there is this one HUGE issue that has really gotten me irritated with my experience. I have 100% access to my LAN & 100% access to the internet, and Windows even shows that right here
    Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet [​IMG]
    & also right here
    Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet [​IMG]

I can surf the web with ease, play online pc games, and do 99.9% of everything I should be able to do with an internet connection.

Except when I try to initiate a windows update, this happens.

And I have found virtually zero solutions. Let alone people with the same problem....
    So I come to you all in need of a new windows update, because I guarantee that my windows 10 experience would be a lot more fluid and enjoyable once I am able to get the load of updates that I am sure fixes a lot of the bugs I have came across. And if you didn't notice already, the last update date was in Feb. Lol.

Please help! & Thank you for having me on the forums!

hammer280, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet

windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet

1. Windows 10 Update - now computer wont recognize start up password and won’t connect to internet - Similar Threads - Update computer wont

2. Computer won’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t connect to internet: I got new parts installed at local pc shop and they cleared my pin. Now I must set up a new pin. Only now I cannot because my pc isn’t connected to the internet even though I have the LAN cable & Wifi antenna connected. When I click on the internet globe icon at the bottom...
  3. Computer won’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won’t connect to internet: I got new parts installed at local pc shop and they cleared my pin. Now I must set up a new pin. Only now I cannot because my pc isn’t connected to the internet even though I have the LAN cable & Wifi antenna connected. When I click on the internet globe icon at the bottom...
  4. Computer won’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows updated now windows wont start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updated now windows wont start up: On startup i get the blue screen with this message: -----Your PC/Device needs to be repairedThe boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information for an operating systemFile: \BCDError code: 0xc0000098Youll need to use recovery tools. If you dont have an...
  6. Windows updated now windows wont start up

Windows updated now windows wont start up: On startup i get the blue screen with this message: -----Your PC/Device needs to be repairedThe boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information for an operating systemFile: \BCDError code: 0xc0000098Youll need to use recovery tools. If you dont have an...
  7. Computer won’t start up

Computer won’t start up: I have a laptop which is approx 10 years old, and has developed a faulty where it won’t start. I get the flash screen and this is followed by a grey screen.. I have tried to boot in to diagnostics by pressing the on / off button 3 times, doesn’t work. I have also created a...
  8. Computer won’t start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won’t start up: I have a laptop which is approx 10 years old, and has developed a faulty where it won’t start. I get the flash screen and this is followed by a grey screen.. I have tried to boot in to diagnostics by pressing the on / off button 3 times, doesn’t work. I have also created a...
  9. windows update now computer wont start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update now computer wont start: Ok, was updating last night to the latest windows 10 version H0 or something like that .anyway checked it at 9.30 and it was "updating 6%" so I left it running , came to it this morning and it wont even switch on well about 5 seconds then switches off no logo or anything I...
  10. Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection: Okay, I have literally searched on and off for a solution to this issue for roughly 2-3 months now and I am finally breaking down and asking someone with superior Windows 10 knowledge to help me. Because, I desperately need it. Let me take a moment to introduce myself to...