Windows 10: Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore.

Discus and support Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows apparently updated over the night. When I tried to restart the machine the circle just spins after the BIOS screen. I've tried: Startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WashHusky, Sep 12, 2019.

1. WashHusky Win User

Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore.

Windows apparently updated over the night. When I tried to restart the machine the circle just spins after the BIOS screen.

I've tried:

• Startup repair
    • System Restore - none of the 3 restore points loaded
    • System Restore from Safe Mode
    • Uninstall Quality Update
    • Uninstall Feature Update (it triggers an error)

:)

WashHusky, Sep 12, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 12, 2019
  4. scraff Win User

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore. - Similar Threads - Update won't Boot

2. Windows 10 updated, and now it will not boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated, and now it will not boot.: I updated things that windows recommended I update, and now my computer just boots into my BIOS every time. I try booting onto a USB with windows 10 flashed on it to repair it, but it just sends me to a screen that says Windows Boot Manager, Windows failed to start. A recent...
  3. update failed now won't boot.

update failed now won't boot.: Update decided was going to install window 10 v 1909 was on 1809. Update failed and said was restoring previous settings 1809 however on reboot just got blinking cursor on screen. Downloaded Windows 10 to access recovery tools, tried all several times, restore, system...
  4. Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot

Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot: Hello, I have a 5 month old laptop asus F510QA running Windows 10. Last night there was a windows needs to restart to apply changes in the bottom right tray. I clicked restart computer to apply update. Left the room and came back to a computer with a black screen and the...
  5. Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.

Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.: Screen popped up with update notice, asked if I wanted to Restart. Chose Yes. Update began and then computer went to restart. The Boot screen came up, with the intel symbol and BIOS Settings (F2) / Boot Menu (F10) and that's it. Cannot access either of them. Computer just...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating: I encountered this problem this week. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-wont-boot-when-using-system-restore-after-updating/ My resolution was, in Troubleshoot > Advanced Options per the article, to initiate the System Restore yet again, restoring...
  7. Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.

Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.: Screen popped up with update notice, asked if I wanted to Restart. Chose Yes. Update began and then computer went to restart. The Boot screen came up, with the intel symbol and BIOS Settings (F2) / Boot Menu (F10) and that's it. Cannot access either of them. Computer just...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade now won't boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade now won't boot: I had the Windows 8.1 on my Acer Aspire V5. I upgraded to Windows 10 which seemed to go fine, but then when it went off it will not go back on to the Windows screen. I keep seeing people tell others to go here and there to fix it, but I can't even get there to do that. The...
  9. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after restoring partition

Windows 10 won't boot after restoring partition: Around a year ago I wanted to test out Windows 10, so I created a 100GB partition on my 250GB SSD and installed it there and dual booted with my main OS Windows 7. After a few months I was beginning to run out of space and decided to stick with just Windows 7. However, in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wont boot after windows 10 update