Windows 10: Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP stream that has 32GB of disk space. As you can see, this is the exact size of the needed space for the update and that means that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HannahMoser, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...

I have an HP stream that has 32GB of disk space. As you can see, this is the exact size of the needed space for the update and that means that my laptop doesn't have enough space on its own for the update. I have tried both of the methods on the windows update assistant for increasing the space necessary. I have cleared all unnecessary file and programs from my laptop as well as attempted to use outside storage devices such as USB drives and external hard drives, which themselves each had enough memory to hold the update files. They did not register and my update attempts continue to fail. I have followed every available tutorial and help page I could find with viable information and nothing works.

I have been trying to get this update done for nearly a year and a half and am beginning to wonder if Microsoft is specifically engineering these updates at sizes where these computers cannot run the updates. This prevents users from downloading certain programs which they want/ need to use. If this is the case, it seems like a dirty, underhanded way of getting people to spend more than is necessary and reasonable just to own a laptop with enough memory just to be able to update their computer. Some people can't afford to spend $250 on a computer that should work, but they need one regardless. If you can help me solve this problem I am sure it would be of benefit to not only to myself but to others as well.

:)

HannahMoser, Aug 8, 2019

2. NEED INSTRUCTIONS; HOW TO MOVE FILES FROM STREAM LAPTOP TO EXTERNAL DRIVE, TO MAKE ROOM FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE.

I bought HP STREAM notebook with Windows 10 installed. Virtually worthless piece of junk with minimalist hard drive space! I keep getting MS messages saying Windows 10 wants to update and there is NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON MY HARD DRIVE to allow update! I
    have old MAXTOR external hard drive which I connected to Stream.
    I NEED step by step INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MOVE FILES FROM STREAM LAPTOP TO EXTERNAL DRIVE, TO MAKE ROOM FOR WINDOWS UPDATE 10.

UNABLE to find any instructions anywhere on HOW to transfer files, to make room for updates!

MUCH, Thanks for any help!!

LawrenceFontaine, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update on HP Stream 13 - Disk Space

I have a HP Stream 13 with 32GB disk running Windows 10. Recently - June 2016 - received an update for Windows 10 but cannot install because of insufficient disk space. Says it need 20 GB to update. Have run disk cleanup but does not free up enough
    space to do the update. Does not give option of attaching external drive to get extra disk space. So, I am unable to do the update which I would really like to have as my Windows Store has not been working for quite some time. Has anyone seen this and is
    there a solution? Thanks.

LarryDrakeSM, Aug 8, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external...

1. Windows 10 Update on HP stream: not enough space for update/ not registering external... - Similar Threads - Update stream enough

2. I may have fixed the hp stream not updating windows, or not having enough space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I may have fixed the hp stream not updating windows, or not having enough space.: I finally did it, i got windows to boot off an external drive from the hp stream, the process was a bit different then i am used to, but it works. here are the steps i took. Step one: copy the main drive you have to an external ssd/hdd. Step 2: after coping your windows...
  3. Update - Not enough space

Update - Not enough space: trying to install updates. Get message "Not enough space" need 1.6 GB. Added external drive to create space 11.4 GB. Stilltries to "make space" does not recognize available space on external drive....
  4. Not enough disk space to update windows 10

Not enough disk space to update windows 10: I am trying to update to windows 10 on a laptop with 32GB and I keep getting the not enough disk space error. Several articles and forums talk about a button that gives you the option to use an external drive, but the Windows 10 update assistant doesn't have that button. It...
  5. not enough space for latest windows 10 update

not enough space for latest windows 10 update: I read a lot of comments in a lot of chats since 2015! Some very technical however, I do not see any MSFT support here. Sure, how to create space however, my daughter´s PC has 2GB left but needs a 30GB windows update. Who is the amazing person that decided that? How can...
  6. HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space: I cannot free up enough space on my HP stream to complete updates I have attached an external hard drive and still cannot free up enough space any suggestions?...
  7. UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE

UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE: Good Morning and Happy Holidays Everyone I am trying to update my Lpetop unfortunaly I need to free up space on my C: Drive, But I don't know how to do this, I have on my storage usage System and Reserve 11.5 GB Apps and Games 1.7 GB Other 14.4I...
  8. Windows 10 Update for HP Stream

Windows 10 Update for HP Stream: My HP keeps attempting to update but I do not have enough internal storage. I have an SD card with plenty of storage and it says that I can use an external storage, but it is still not working. I don't understand why it still won't update....
  9. not enough space to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not enough space to update: I have removed all files on to a thumb drive and I still do not have enough space to perform an update on my surface. I have deleted every program that is not required. How can perform the update?...
  10. Windows 10 update - not enough space to update

Windows 10 update - not enough space to update: I can't install Windows 10 Update due to lack of space on c drive. I've tried removing things I don't need, but its not enough. Windows Support says I can install the update using an external storage device, but that doesn't come up as an option....