Windows 10: Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...

Discus and support Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today i restarted my laptop which is a HP with windows 10. When restarting a update launched and it took a long time to perform, longer than i have had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kaz1239, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Kaz1239 Win User

Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...

Today i restarted my laptop which is a HP with windows 10. When restarting a update launched and it took a long time to perform, longer than i have had before. Since then when i tried to log into my profile it said it cannot launch the profile, so i restarted and it let me login, but then all my Documents and pictures were missing! I restarted again and now i cannot get past the recovery option which. I am distraught as i have no backups and none of the options below work. System restore asks me to choose a operating system and restart but no option on how to do this, Start-up repair does nothing. I am lost! I am so upset with Windows support as it said someone who call but no calls and i rely on the laptop for work or i will be in major trouble. Please someone helpWindows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any... [​IMG]

:)

Kaz1239, Aug 18, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

I have encountered an issue where only the space bar and enter keys work on login.

Below is a step by step of what I have found so far:

1. I restarted my computer - and tried to enter my pin and noticed that nothing was happening and i could not log in but the enter and space keys were working.
    2. I then walked through the change pin process - it through me back to the login screen and inputs worked again.
    3. I then tried running the hardware and device troubleshooter and it found no issues.
    4. I then downloaded the windows diagnostic tool - it repaired two issues in relation to a windows update, on in regards to a corrupt database and another which i cant remember.
    5. I restarted after it fixed these issues and I could log in fine.
    6. I then restarted again to be 100% sure it worked - and behold the issue was back again.
    7. As long as I go into the reset pin process and come back into the login screen again I can then enter my pin.

I dont know what has caused this issue and if anyone else has encountered it but is there any fixes or other potential solutions could try to resolve this?

Am thinking at the moment I may have to do a clean install of windows 10 but I would like to avoid that if I can. *sarc

joshcranmore, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...

Windows 10 login screen issue after recovery

Hello Mark,

We understand this might be causing inconvenience for you.

Yes, there is no possibility of entering into Windows Recovery environment without the login to User Profile or without the Power button. Suggest you to execute the above troubleshooting steps and see if they helps.

In case the account showing on the login screen is a Microsoft account, then go
    here
    and try to recover the password to see if it help you to login. If you can do it, let us know the outcome to guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any...

1. Windows 10 update on restart and now I can't get past recovery screen and cannot login any... - Similar Threads - update restart can't

2. I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop: A couple of days ago. I downloaded a New Driver updater software.Since doing that. I cannot login into my laptop. I get the message . Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. When I click Set my PIN nothing happens.There is also a Sign...
  3. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  4. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  5. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't get past W11 login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past W11 login screen: https://ibb.co/0XJW72cUp until now I have been getting through the login screen with my local password. I always "skip" any Microsoft account logins or setup because its eternally stuck/broken my only verification option is a phone number I don't use anymore, and online...
  7. Can't get past W11 login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past W11 login screen: https://ibb.co/0XJW72cUp until now I have been getting through the login screen with my local password. I always "skip" any Microsoft account logins or setup because its eternally stuck/broken my only verification option is a phone number I don't use anymore, and online...
  8. Can't get past Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past Login: When i try to login my login window will not accept any typing in the box. Can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-past-login/c14fc8d4-a390-44ae-89a2-76a3978acbd3
  9. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10: Hi, I've got Windows 10 installed on my laptop and everything was fine until this morning when I opened it. I closed it last night so it might have gone into sleep mode, but I definitely did not turn it off. This morning I opened it up and tried to log in. I enter my pin...
  10. Re: I cannot get past windows login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re: I cannot get past windows login screen: When the login screen appears it also says I forgot password. I have tried to retrieve my password but that doesn't work. Eventually I got a black screen with the windows symbol date time etc at the bottom but unable to click on any of them. At the side of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot get past windows 10 recovery