Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lou M, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Lou M Win User

Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have???

Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses

:)

Lou M, Sep 3, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 3, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates - Similar Threads - Update Optional Driver

2. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  3. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  4. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 optional driver updates

Windows 10 optional driver updates: My laptop is a lenovo ideapad S340 windows 10 and it says that it is up to date but says there are some optional updates for my drivers,This is my laptop info but I don't know if it will help:...
  6. Optional Driver Updates

Optional Driver Updates: Hello! I decided to check for any updates on my computer and I stumbled upon the "optional updates". And I found these: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I determine what to install or whether to install them at all? Your insights would be of great help! Thank you so much!...
  7. Driver optional updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Driver optional updates: I just noticed Nvidia driver listed while I have an Intel display adaptor. Anyone try enabling "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" in the group policy editor? Not that I don't trust microsoft but! 169787
  8. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Windows/Driver Updates: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm doing because it caused serious issues for me before. Should I install all of these? Or how do I figure out what I need and...
  9. Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?: Are the optional windows driver updates I'm getting actual newer versions or are they older versions of the driver I'm falling back on? I am experiencing strange behavior on some of my computer's and would like to know if these might fix those. The description for the...
  10. Windows Update Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Optional Driver Updates: Lately Windows has been offering a couple of drivers for hardware I dont have on my Insider machine. They say I have a Xeon E3 when I dont (its a Skylake 6700k). Is there a way to get these cleared? Version 19635.1. [img] 157671